Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile phone language

• 01-12-2009 10:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Hi.
    Anybody know if one can change the language display in the Nokia phones. I am looking for the Nokia 6700 Black but Vodafone only have the Silver one for upgrade. I could change to O2 but I see an unlocked 6700 black on German eBay for the same money I would be paying O2. Is there an option for changing the language?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,052 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

wak11935 wrote: »
    Hi.
    Anybody know if one can change the language display in the Nokia phones. I am looking for the Nokia 6700 Black but Vodafone only have the Silver one for upgrade. I could change to O2 but I see an unlocked 6700 black on German eBay for the same money I would be paying O2. Is there an option for changing the language?
    Yes, changing the language is not a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 wak11935

Thanks for the reply. You sound very sure. I just dont want to be stuck with umlauts etc.

Hi Mitch.
    I dont want to sound as if I doubt you. Do you think I'd have any trouble with it here on the Vodafone network?

Hi Mitch.
    I dont want to sound as if I doubt you. Do you think I'd have any trouble with it here on the Vodafone network?

I've a nokia myself, and so do members of my family, all the nokias have the option to change the language.

As long as the phone is unlocked, there should be no issue with Vodaphone. Pretty much every phone I have got over the alst few years has been an unlocked phone sourced from a foreign internet site (last few have been French in origin) and there has never been an issue using the phones here.

Mitch.
    You are a star. Any trouble changing the language? Do I have to get an expert to do it or my 10 year old Grandson?
    I have written to the seller to see if he/she will change the "send to" to include Europe. Otherwise eBay will not let me bid. If the seller is willing and changes the listing I will go ahead.
    Thanks,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭104494431

Mitch.
    You are a star. Any trouble changing the language? Do I have to get an expert to do it or my 10 year old Grandson?
    I have written to the seller to see if he/she will change the "send to" to include Europe. Otherwise eBay will not let me bid. If the seller is willing and changes the listing I will go ahead.
    Thanks,

Changing the language is a setting, it's literally as simple as changing the wallpaper on the phone or the ring tone.

Mitch.
    Thanks,

Menu - Tools - Settings - General - Personalization - Language.

Thanks very much for all the help.

I'll go ahead and get this sorted now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭paul.irl

Mobile manufacturers install language packages on their phones. The languages available depend on where the phone is going to be sold. But as far as I know, English is always available on the phone.

If you're going to buy from Germany, why not try Amazon: http://www.amazon.de/Nokia-6700-classic-Bluetooth-Musik-Player/dp/B001R4BRT6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=ce-de&qid=1260129367&sr=8-1

Postage to Ireland is probably cheaper than buying from eBay.

Never thought of amazon.de. I will have a look.

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

You could even ask the seller to change it for you, if they're nice. :)

Thanks for all the help.

Advertisement