Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

biosystems engineering anf forestry.

Options
  • 01-12-2009 10:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭

Hi all,
    i'm intrested in going to UCD to study one of the two degrees mentioned above. i got 325 in the leaving cert. will that be enough? also what are the minimum requirements?

if anyone is studying these degress i would like to know about difficulty, what the are like, class size, hours per week ect...

cheers ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭pljudge321

Engineering will be a single omnibus entry next year, I doubt the points will drop to 325. The omnibus is usually between 450 - 500 points.

Here's the module info for forestry https://sisweb.ucd.ie/usis/w_sm_web_inf_viewer_banner.show_major?p_term_code=200900&p_cao_code=DN042&p_major_code=FOS1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

I shared all the same lectures as forestry in first year, and a few in second. They really aren't that hard if you do a bit of work, a lot of people don't however, hence there's a fairly high failure rate. Hours are long in first year, quite a few labs. There is a lot of science to give every one a similar level going into the rest of the course. Good or bad thing depending on your interests.

I don't know what the rest of the course is like but first year was great craic anyway, you share it with the rest of agricultural science and every one is up for bit of banter.

I can answer any other questions you have about first year but I wouldn't be much use there after.

Advertisement