Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

phpBB "Fast and Furrious" 3.0.6 package

Options
  • 01-12-2009 10:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭

Hi,I look after the adhd web site.Last time, I nearly had a nervous breakdown tryiing to merge/Upgrade...what wver it was.A person on boards helped me out as I was getting loads of dirty pictures etc.It all fine untill now.
    I recieved this email telling me to upgrade.

Is anyone there able to
    A do it for me, as I dont have a clue.
    Or B
    Tell me step by step what to do,
    Its a support web site, not a commercial one.Run by volunteeres.
    Its www.adhd.ie
    if anyone whats to have a look.
    thanks a million,Cathy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭James G

If you want to update from 3.0.5 to 3.0.6 then you should do the following:

Download the following file and extract the contents with something like winrar. http://www.ohloh.net/p/phpbb/download?filename=phpBB-3.0.5_to_3.0.6.zip

Upload the install folder to the phpBB folder on the website. The forums will go offline and you'll have to go to http://www.adhd.ie/phpbb/install/index.php to start the update.

Follow the instructions on the page and you'll be good to go.

If you're paranoid, like me, you might want to backup your forum files and database first. The phpbb3 upgrades are well tested, but stuff can go wrong, especially if you have mods to the standard install.

As the previous poster said, for a stock install, it's pretty easy to upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

ok, at risk of seeming totally well....air hedy.
    I have bcked up both database on blacknight and PHP.
    I have down loaded and unzipped the backed up file.
    It says to go to my phb root.
    Am lost , totally.
    any sugesstions ,please and thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭James G

Your phpBB root is the folder that phpBB was set up in. I'm not sure what kind of setup you're running it on, but more likely than not it'll be public_html/phpbb/

I could do it for you if you're really struggling; updating phpBB should only take a minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

Im so going to take you up on the offer.Im pm you anything you need to know.Big kiss ....big hug...thanks a million,cathy

• Advertisement
Advertisement