Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PHP Table Editing/Totalling

Options
  • 01-12-2009 11:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭

Hi All,

I have been asked to come up with something along the lines as the budget planner on this page. This is written in flash but I only have php to work with.

It doesnt need have its full functionality or look and feel but it has to be as close as possible.

I was thinking of ways I could achieve this and I am completely stumped.
    My first idea was to use a combination of a html table to php array extractor and use those javascript row editing scripts.

Am I gone completely mad or is there a better way to achieve this?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

This is more a javascript issue. If you build the whole page with javascript, you can then use AJAX/Javascript to send an asynchronous request to a PHP page for processing.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭ViperMAN

Webmonkey wrote: »
    This is more a javascript issue. If you build the whole page with javascript, you can then use AJAX/Javascript to send an asynchronous request to a PHP page for processing.

Ok, I presume that the best route would be to create a table, and using MooTools/jQuery allow inline editing of cells. When a user enters the page create session vars holding arrays for each section. When a change is made then update these session arrays?

Seeing as there is no need to store the data session variables should be ok?

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

ViperMAN wrote: »
    Ok, I presume that the best route would be to create a table, and using MooTools/jQuery allow inline editing of cells. When a user enters the page create session vars holding arrays for each section. When a change is made then update these session arrays?

Seeing as there is no need to store the data session variables should be ok?

Cheers!
    Well they will be stored in javascript variables but then you need to send these via POST/GET to a PHP using AJAX. I think it would be best way. JQuery should allow you do this.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭ViperMAN

Webmonkey wrote: »
    Well they will be stored in javascript variables but then you need to send these via POST/GET to a PHP using AJAX. I think it would be best way. JQuery should allow you do this.

Thanks Webmonkey,

I'll give this a go.

If anyone else has a better solution please let me know.
    Thanks!

Advertisement