Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Residency: How did u get it, and how long did it take?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

DaireMac wrote: »
    Mandrake04 your a star thank you very very much for the info, i'm a qualified cabinetmaker while not on the crit-list it still starts me off with 60 points. I read some where that you have to do an ozzy knowledge test as well is that true?

Cheers all..................D.

Are you talking about the citizen test? You don't need that for PR.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 DaireMac

Great post nzae86 thanks for that and the rest of coarse. Yea md04 got it thx. It seems people are talking from their own experiences which a lot of the time are not up to date as the system has changed a lot. Judging by the Aus Gov website "Review" they won't consider any applications except the CSL's until after 2011 so its 2+ years away and even thats changing soon. I did read on the site that they are phasing out the CSL and making big mods to the MODL starting from now Dec 2009 so it looks like big changes are ahead.

Here's the review Q&A from the site as of from December 2009,

Q1. What is happening to the Migration Occupations in Demand List (MODL)?

A review of the purpose of the MODL and its methodology has commenced and is expected to be completed in late 2009.

The review aims to make MODL a more strategic tool in identifying the medium to long-term skill needs that complement Australia’s skill supply through the domestic tertiary education sector.

Q2. Why is the MODL being reviewed?

The review of the MODL is aimed at developing a better link between skilled migrant employment outcomes, the national training agenda and the work of Skills Australia, to ensure that skilled migration is aimed at responding to future skill needs which cannot be addressed through domestic training and skills development.

Q3. When will the new MODL be implemented?

The arrangements for the transition to the new MODL will be determined once the outcomes of the review are finalised.

The Critical Skills List will remain in place while the review is in progress and then be phased out following the implementation of any recommendations flowing from the review.

Q4. What will happen to priority processing of CSL applications?

Occupations which are listed on the CSL receive priority processing, which assists the targeting of the migration program. These arrangements will continue until the review is finalised. Once the review is finalised, arrangements for phasing out the CSL will be announced.

Cheers D.

Advertisement