Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A very simple DS Card question for you !

Options
  • 01-12-2009 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

Hi, My sister has a Cyclo DS card which has all her games on it. Is there a similar card ( for cheaper if possible ) which does the same thing ? I.e. have all your games on it. I checked out the Cyclo DS card online & it seems to be about €50 - €70 including the smart card. That's too much !
    Thanks !:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Dealextreme.com get your self a DSTT card and a 2gb memory card for around €10, add a card reader if needed.

If you want it for christmas order IMMEDIATELY , even then you might not get it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 overide13

AceKard2 might be a better option using AKAIO has much better menu system and features

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭MYSTICA1

Thanks PPL !! .. Excuse my ignorance, what's AKAIO ? ( Does it come with the AceKard or do I need to order it seperately ? .. Do I also need to order an SD card with this ?

Im not very familar with acekard, but i imagine it is firmware that you download

you need to order a micro SD with it

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭MYSTICA1

Job done & ordered .. Thank you very much for your help !!!
    I assume I can use it the same way as sis uses Cyclo DS card once I have it ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

MYSTICA1 wrote: »
    Job done & ordered .. Thank you very much for your help !!!
    I assume I can use it the same way as sis uses Cyclo DS card once I have it ?

AKAIO is "AceKard All-In-One", it's an alternative Operating System for the Acekard than the manufacturers and it's much better & nicer to use.

Simply extract the OS onto the card, and then throw on the games into the root of the SD card or make yourself a folder to keep things neat.

Instructions for downloading/using AKAIO can be found over on the gbatemp wiki (google AKAIO :))

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭branners69

Sorry to hijack!

The wife is getting a DSi for xmas and I am looking into the best card!

Would the AceKard be up there as the best? Will all games play from a memory card like this or are there issues I should be aware of?

Many thanks!

Well the acekard the guys are talking about can be got here for cheap enough

Close to double the price of the card on DX, but MM will probably get it out to you before 2011 :D

yeah idealy DX would be the best place to buy, but there is not a hope of you getting an order from them before christmas. I ordered a couple of things for someone a week or two ago and even im not certain I'll get in time, they have been slow as wet weeks lately

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭Spudzz

yeah idealy DX would be the best place to buy, but there is not a hope of you getting an order from them before christmas. I ordered a couple of things for someone a week or two ago and even im not certain I'll get in time, they have been slow as wet weeks lately

DX are selling a lot of Cloned DS cards at present,AVOID:eek:

Spudzz wrote: »

Cloned? Each one isn't unique, they're all clones...I think you mean fakes, no?

Spudzz wrote: »

which cards?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 spaced

I got 2 AceKard 2i's from dealxtreme and they worked perfectly but they took 32 days to deliver - so you have to be patient.

The card allows me to use the DS for listening to music and reading books, it can also play movies but i haven't figured that out yet. If you are ordering from DX also get a USB microSD card reader if your computer dosen't have a slot (only 1 euro) - You can get a 4GB micro SD card from O2 stores for 15 euro which is as good as you will find on the net and you have peace of mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭Spudzz

Cloned? Each one isn't unique, they're all clones...I think you mean fakes, no?

Correct

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

do you need a different card for a dsi than a ds lite? i ask cause the girldfriend has a ds lite with a card and all the games on it, but we tried it in the kids dsi he is getting for xmas and it doesnt work.

keithgeo wrote: »
    do you need a different card for a dsi than a ds lite? i ask cause the girldfriend has a ds lite with a card and all the games on it, but we tried it in the kids dsi he is getting for xmas and it doesnt work.

Yes, you need a different card. Acekard 2i is just one of many cards available for the DSi

Advertisement