Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Changing Free Meteor Minutes

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭PeteK*

Also received one of those letters. Until today I'm on 3meg talktime family bundle. Went online today and 'upgraded' to talktime talker 3meg bundle. It means I'm signing up to another 12 months but according to the blurb I'll get 10euro off for each of first 3 months and then 56.75 per month. Unlimited local and national calls and 30min any network mobile calls per month. Rang up to confirm I'd be getting the 3months discount and was told I would (beleive it when I see it). Once 30minutes used up on mobiles I'll use call13434.ie as I have been for last couple of years. (mobile calls 10c/min weekdays and 5c/min weekends, also landline calls to UK and Canada 1c/min, and 2c per min Australia)

Incidentally - the eircom website quotes slightly different prices to the mailshot I received - Eircom operator informed me this was due to vat changes not being shown on website :confused:

Are you using this service as an Eircom customer?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

Wondering If you could tell me if there's a way of finding out how much you've downloaded in the month - I'm with eircom and think I've exceeded limit but not sure how to check and don't want to get hit with possible extra charges (it's expensive enough already)

Not an answer to your question I'm afraid but the stereotypical Irish tendency to answer a question with another question :)

You can find out what you used via the eircom site I cant put my hand on where I saw it but it is on there.

EDIT I see now an above poster put a link

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭donutheadhomer

Xcellor wrote: »
    This is a significant alteration of the service you signed up for. You should be able to get out of the contract based on this and take your business elsewhere. You don't have to accept anything.

30 minutes.. ffs. Is that the best they can come up with. I don't see any real reason why anyone would switch back to Eircom but apparently 50,000 people did.

a mate of mine works in the call centre that takes the "come back" calls for eircom. Yes it is 50000 returning customers but 60% of these are being reconnected after having their line disconnected for non payment - not really returning to eircom as they would like us to think.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭quinnthebin

PeteK* wrote: »
    Are you using this service as an Eircom customer?

yep. It's just a case of prefixing calls with 13434. no waiting - just dial the rest of number as normal.

Advertisement