Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bought Steam game - Someone robbed code

Options
  • 01-12-2009 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭

Bought a game from Xtra Vision Longford on Saturday, Fear 2. Went home, installed and of course since its Steam enabled online activation must be done... Unfotunately it says that this code has already been registered to a Steam account so I can't use it.

I imagine someone has bought the game, registered it, then returned the game. I have contacted Steam (on the saturday). Still no reply so my new game is just gathering dust. I know some retailers are sticky with returning PC games, should I just go back to Xtra vision and demand refund?

I was well pissed that I couldn't play on a game that I had bought because of this.

X

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

bring the game back to xtravision as they are the only people obliged by law to assist you by providing a repair replacement or a refund!

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Mataguri

My first port of call would be Xtra Vision, however if that does fail I've found Steam support to be great, even if they can be slow to respond. You could try emailing Steam and telling them you bought the game new, the serial says it's in use and you want to play. They will probably ask you to take a picture of the package, serial and receipt and send it to them. Hopefully then they will transfer the license to your account.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭jimoc

seems like a simple one to me, Xtravision sold you a faulty product, they need to replace it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 323 ✭✭yawn

nah as a user already posted, steam support could help resolve this for you anyway.

they will ask for a picture of the cd, maual, case and proof of purchase - ie a recent reciept. It might take a couple of hours for them to sort it tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Xtravision need to be made aware that they shouldn't accept game returns for games that are activated online, otherwise this could keep happening. I'm surprised that they would take a PC game back, as this isn't normally done due to ease of copying.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭kida

or an employee registered it :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Komplett: Marc

kida wrote: »
    or an employee registered it :eek:

This was exactly what I'd thought...

Advertisement