Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TA Events - 2010 heads up

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

So that's where all the pyro around building 8 came from. I did wonder what went on there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 471 ✭✭roryk1

*DOBBY* wrote: »
    Using up the last of the pyro.......:D We always buy too much

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=susu7eXF22A
    ralphs releasing a video of who de-legged my jeans while i was asleep:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

lol, heard about this on the ferry home. never fall asleep near any of you fukers. :D

Any more photos show yet? Didnt recognise anyone in the last batch of em. :)

oh, and here's something for the Chedaki'Massive, :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭*DOBBY*

OzCam wrote: »
    So that's where all the pyro around building 8 came from. I did wonder what went on there.
    Well at least they were all in the one place for collecting;)
    roryk1 wrote: »
    ralphs releasing a video of who de-legged my jeans while i was asleep:D
    I've no idea what your talking about:rolleyes:
    Masada wrote: »
    lol, heard about this on the ferry home. never fall asleep near any of you fukers. :D
    :D:D:D:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭coys

Any more photos show yet? Didnt recognise anyone in the last batch of em. :)

oh, and here's something for the Chedaki'Massive, :D

Haha heard that blaring out of Fayers jeep when everyone was packing up!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭markomongo

Just in the door after a week in London (would have preferred if seeny had have gone on that long instead!)... all I can really do is echo what other players have said at this point. Brilliant experience (it was The Operators first event of this magnitude) that was slightly overcast with some issues already mentioned but I dont think anybody left the Brecon Beacons without a smile plastered of their faces.

Fair play to Ian ,who given the task at hand and with the inclusion of un-foreseen circumstances still managed to pull off a great weekend. To all who marshaled too, fair play!!

Comms really let our side down. It mas a large factor in the Chedaki downfall. I remember meeting another section leader and asking him where his section was, 'I havent seen any of them in over an hour' was his response... :eek: Also my command radio was not working at the start of the game and it was 2 hours in before I got a replacement. **** happens though, nobodys fault. Lessons learned I hope for next time.

Epic moments- the building 15 night infiltration as mentioned by shane... great buzz altogether. One of the best things that ever happened to me in airsoft. I believe their was only four of us though not six (me, shane, paul and smallbike) as we left JB in the window covering the alley at the back of 15!

After clearing downstairs with knife kills I thought to try my hand on the next story... walked casually up the stairs where an irish marine (guy maybe?) shone a light on me just before i made it to the top (my luck had run out). 'STOP' he shouted, i had my hand on my pistol and he shouts 'dont move that hand'... two others stood beside him gazing down the stairwell at me, i knew i only had one chance and that was to try take as many of the three with me as i could so i unloaded my pistol from left to right hitting two of the three in a split second when the guy with the flashlight tagged me...it was fun as hell and fair play to those lads holding that top story for so long after that!

After checking every single building on the 'graveyard shift' finding out the marines had taken the gold off game to their regen and laughing our asses off as paul came in the tent behind them talking of scalping them with his rubber knife!

The early morning assault on building 11 (which im sure anybody asleep in the barn was cursing!)...looked excellent as flashs of pyro went off, i was lighting up the two rooms with a floodlight from the road at the rear while taking tracer rounds from around building 8...just looked like something out of a movie. Really got the adrenaline going.

Clearing building 20 with the squad on Sunday then holding it with just myself and Dan inside. I was on the second story and hear voices below...i figure Dan has been hit and radio the squad for reinforcements but its too hot for them to get to me... i draw the pistol and move on to the stare well...see a tan uniform making its way up from the ground floor...wait until i have a clear shot then take him. He couldnt believe how i got to where i was (they failed to check the top story). I entered the 1st story hall taking another three tangos then a couple of pyro fails on their side led to a couple more kills and i took the last man with a rush. building successfully held.

Myself, Shane and Paul repeated a clearing of buidling 20 later that led to a reinforcement by the operators soon after and held until end-ex (or very close to) after repeated enemy assaults which made for some great game play!

Cooking a striker grenade for waaay to long and lobbing it at the 1st story window sill of building 22...bounces off back down to me where i make a baseball catch in my throw hand and peg it back in the window. win!

Throwing a grenade from building 20 2nd story window into building 7 second story window. win!

Dan comes running into building 20 to bandage steve, ground is wet, Dan slips and hits the ground hard busting his elbow and smashing his brand new G&G susat scope to pieces...steve found it hard to hold in the laughter. FAIL :D

Again great to get to know more members of the community and look forward to playing with or against all in the near future...

32521_396621928934_616538934_4138089_1713735_n.jpg

On to the pub!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 941 ✭✭✭AlternateID

Good read.

Sorry not me on the stairs in 15. I believe it was Jack. I'm embarrassed to say was knifed on the ground floor. Based on that photo it's fairly clear why we thought you guys were tan. You guys did a great job.

Can't believe we've to wait till September to go again.

Guy

markomongo wrote: »
    Cooking a striker grenade... bounces off back down to me where i make a baseball catch in my throw hand and peg it back in the window. win!

Not a good idea. You're lucky you didn't lose a finger. Ten minutes in the sin bin for being silly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭evilrobotshane

The post-game epilogue results thing has been written and is up. The meat of it, in terms of storyline, is minor-Chedaki-victory-but-at-what-cost.
    The sole purpose of the Chedaki attack was to get to the gold in the bank. The use of the hostages during the day was for the purpose of having human shields to prevent an all out CDF/USMC wipe out.

As it was, all three hostages were killed within a couple of hours when 1 USMC fragmentation grenade ripped through one of the rooms that held the hostages and killed them all outright.

The gold fell in to the Chedaki’s hands during the early hours of the morning and was kept on the move in the north of the town during the morning until it was extracted at midday.

So because of this, the Chedaki commander achieved his objective and victory goes to the Chedaki. But with a value of £750k, it’s disputable whether the result was worth the loss in life.

Still worth reading the whole lot though, because it talks about the problems that were experienced on the day, and people not knowing the rules you worthless maggots.

http://www.ta-events.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=787

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 365 ✭✭The_ChiefDUB

You can't spell Pyhrric Victory with "victory"!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

You can't spell Pyhrric Victory with "victory"!

Yes you can. Pyhrric Victory!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Danin

well what can I say only go on the Greens :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

where did this minor bit come from, its victory comrades we will leave sentimental statement about cost to the US and its week willed allies ;)

anyway looking forward to September already

Puding wrote: »
    where did this minor bit come from, its victory comrades we will leave sentimental statement about cost to the US and its week willed allies ;)

love it
    so much for all the those US Marines with their "we were the dominating force and how they had the event won half way through the first day"

makes the VICTORY even sweeter ha ha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭jinko

US marines end hostage situation by blowing up hostages.
    brilliant :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭wormbyte

Hi guys,

Here is a link to the post event satisfaction survey.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/cc1_postevent_survey

An email will also be sent out to all players containing the link and I will be putting the link on the TA Forum.

If you know of anyone that did not provide their email address as part of their booking then please forward the link above to them.

Cheers,

Ian

jinko wrote: »

Just another day in The Green Machine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

jinko wrote: »
    brilliant :)

HOO-AH

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,120 ✭✭✭moggser

suppose they are better off blown to smithereens then trapped in the basement with me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 reidsa

sennybridge was quality!

unfortunately im working the weekend of the september game otherwise id be back with the marines!

oooh raaa!

Congrats to the Chadaki's on the win. twas great craic either way. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭delta-boy

Congrats to the Chadaki's on the win. twas great craic either way. :)

So much for...

"Ahh boyzzz, you can only kill Marines in yar' sleep"

delta-boy wrote: »
    So much for...

"Ahh boyzzz, you can only kill Marines in yar' sleep"

There were pirates at Senny? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭cplcummins

what a load of crap!!

usmc/cdf held 3/4 of the village for the 24 hours and completed every task put to them.. ask any one in 1st platoon.. ran out of stuff for us to do..
    so straight forward we all got our heads down at 4am because the rest gave up.

cplcummins wrote: »
    what a load of crap!!

usmc/cdf held 3/4 of the village for the 24 hours and completed every task put to them.. ask any one in 1st platoon.. ran out of stuff for us to do..
    so straight forward we all got our heads down at 4am because the rest gave up.

Completed every task except retrieve the gold.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭cplcummins

If you were in 1st platoon or better yet 1/3 we got the gold out of 15 and bought it all the way to 12. from 9pm to 2am not one chedaki made it upstairs in 15. After that for ****s/gigs they made us bring it to 6 and pick up more comm's while they (HQ) tryed to organise another ambush on us..obviously running out of ideas.. it was becoming a joke at this stage. No more troops allowed..no airstrikes/choppers.. while chedaki was given everything to fight back with.

By the time all chedaki gave up on building 6.. walking off in disgust/throwing there weapons on the ground after they were wiped out.. gold was handed back to hq.. most off to bed for a few hours cause all the greens had given up.

Now clearly the Tigers (u know who you are and fair play to them) managed to crawl there way into hq early on in the morning looking for it (only ones with some balls...so our british counterparts told us) but wasnt pk there waiting for them.

If thats the overall result then fair enough.. im not one to throw the toys out of the pram... but the stats are there plain to see.. kill for kill...objective for objective..asking both sides on the boat home most had already given it to the cdf/usmc

usmc/cdf held 3/4 of the village for the 24 hours
    Can't speak as to the rest but that just ain't true. Six of us Chedaki cleared every single house in the village - every single one - and they were ALL unoccupied. If we're guilty of chucking in the game when it got late then so's everyone.

I don't know the higher-level picture regarding who had what objectives and what was completed and what wasn't, but it's worth bearing in mind that the Chedaki were, as far as I've heard, outnumbered by around 30 players, to all intents and purposes a full platoon.

The end result story that I was hearing was that our building with the gold had been bombed by fast movers and the gold grabbed by Dessies immediately thereafter, which was why I thought the Dessies had won. Stories like that were going around, I wouldn't put too much stock in boat talk.

Finally, two points to make regarding the milsim-lite as opposed to skirmish nature of the game. One, in war you can complete every objective and still lose, and the story-based nature of this game can reflect that. If you're happy you personally kicked every ass with green trousers on it that you met, then that's all that's important. Two, just because you're not being frontally assaulted doesn't mean we're not out there. :)

If you were in 1st platoon or better yet 1/3 we got the gold out of 15 and bought it all the way to 12. from 9pm to 2am not one chedaki made it upstairs in 15. After that for ****s/gigs they made us bring it to 6 and pick up more comm's while they (HQ) tryed to organise another ambush on us..obviously running out of ideas.. it was becoming a joke at this stage. No more troops allowed..no airstrikes/choppers.. while chedaki was given everything to fight back with.

By the time all chedaki gave up on building 6.. walking off in disgust/throwing there weapons on the ground after they were wiped out.. gold was handed back to hq.. most off to bed for a few hours cause all the greens had given up.

Now clearly the Tigers (u know who you are and fair play to them) managed to crawl there way into hq early on in the morning looking for it (only ones with some balls...so our british counterparts told us) but wasnt pk there waiting for them.

If thats the overall result then fair enough.. im not one to throw the toys out of the pram... but the stats are there plain to see.. kill for kill...objective for objective..asking both sides on the boat home most had already given it to the cdf/usmc

Sorry mate didn't mean to imply the marines were muck by not getting the gold. I was in 1-3 and personally I think the marines were excellent. What I meant was that we were never tasked with retrieving the gold. At least 1-3 wasn't. We stuck with our orders as best we could and went where told, held whatever building we were told and attacked where told.

im sorry but i think people have completely missed the point hear, the result are as much a result of the story than anything else, there is not points system there is no score board, this is a multi part story driven event

if people want a call of duty or modern warfare style scoring system with clearly defined winners and loser then go and find another event

the fortunes of both sides went up and down thought out the day, the events staff used controlling of air strikes and events to help both sides because the point is to make 24 hour constant action, if you think it is anything else then you need to open your eyes

this is not capture the flag, this is not about win loss, this is not a 'sport' you can not boil it down to a clear defined 2-1 result this is about the experience, and if you want anything else then you maybe need to reconsider why your turning up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

...<snip> ..

YOu can kill more of the enemy, but if they achieve more important, strategic objectives than you .... they'll win, not you. You remember that thing called a storyline? Yeah. But do you know what? So? F*cking? What? You had a fantastic weekend experience and suddenly it's all crap because you didn't "win"? An expression of Woods and trees springs to mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Lads, it doesn't matter. Brap brap.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭G.I Joseph

Just remember its not over yet... Theres plenty of time for revenge in september!!!

There is indeed time for revenge in September!

Pudding: I could not have said it better myself, thanks mate.

Feedback from the survey is rolling in thick and fast and some very good points are being made.

Approximately 25% of the participants have responded so far, with a pretty much equal spread from all factions. 25% may not sound alot but it quite a good response as far as surveys are concerned. But there is still time left if you have not completed the survey yet.

Thanks for all those that have already completed the survey. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 471 ✭✭roryk1

hey wormbyte when does booking open for next event :) realy looking forward to next one;)

No more troops allowed..no airstrikes/choppers.. while chedaki was given everything to fight back with.

As far as i remember the reason that you had no airstrikes is because we nuetralised your ability to call them in by completeing an objective. Again a Tiger team member was set a task to deliver a laptop into your the basement of your main building with you all in it "asleep" this in turn caused you not to have airstrikes all that night and following day.

By the time all chedaki gave up on building 6.. walking off in disgust/throwing there weapons on the ground

I find this very hard to believe.

roryk1 wrote: »
    hey wormbyte when does booking open for next event :) realy looking forward to next one;)

Friday 9th July at 8pm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,120 ✭✭✭moggser

jaysis there should be bridges in senny so some of yiz can get over them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

moggser wrote: »
    jaysis there should be bridges in senny so some of yiz can get over them

You'd only go and mine them Moggser!

• Advertisement

Have to say moggser is right on this one in my opinion its ancient history, what I would say regardless what side you were playing for, I think that ALL the Irish lads that travelled made a huge impact on the weekend and without everyones contribution sennybridge wouldn't have been half as good.

there were great feats of bravery and exceptional playing on both sides

there were really cringe worthy moments of play on both sides also

but the most disappointing thing for me is to see the goodness and crack being forgotten from the weekend and a sourness starting to creep into the tread.

come on lads who cares who won really it was a wicked weekend and here is to many more.

Danin wrote: »
    Have to say moggser is right on this one in my opinion its ancient history, what I would say regardless what side you were playing for, I think that ALL the Irish lads that travelled made a huge impact on the weekend and without everyones contribution sennybridge wouldn't have been half as good.

there were great feats of bravery and exceptional playing on both sides

there were really cringe worthy moments of play on both sides also

but the most disappointing thing for me is to see the goodness and crack being forgotten from the weekend and a sourness starting to creep into the tread.

come on lads who cares who won really it was a wicked weekend and here is to many more.

+1

The only major regret I have about that event is that we didn't get a photo of the whole Irish contingent together. That would have really been something.

PS: airsoft's about the game. If "winning" is that important, go play soccer or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭deepimpact

I was rained on til I was sopping wet, full auto-ed in the face, pyro'd at close range and lost hearing for 30 seconds, I was tired, exhausted (mentally and physically), my legs ached for 3 days afterwards, I slept 36 hours straight when I eventually got home after 10 hours driving.

But, ****ing hell, it was a cracking weekend. Regardless of which side "won" or "lost," I couldn't give a flying ****. It was, by far, the most fun and intense weekend I've had in a long time.

I'm going again.

USMC hoorah!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭conor-mr2

Echo whats been said already.

I felt we (irish contingent) as a whole group went over to Sennybridge and endeared ourselves extremely well which was something that was important.

I certainly am aware that the organisers/marshals were very pleased with us playing in the spirit of the game even when at times there were those cringeworthy airsoft moments that you'd also find in a weekend squirmish on any site.

All in all a fantastic event and if you have criticisms of the event I sure hope your filling in the survey that Ian sent out as opposed to sprouting them out here. At least then said feedback can lead to an improvement in the gameplay/semantics/communication of objectives.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Wow **** kicked off here.

I'll tell ya what I'll make sure I'm defo there in September so theres no confusion over who won, and my apologies for not being around on the trip just gone as this confusion could have been easily avoided.

And in the interest of keeping interest I'd say give it a win on the board to the greens, cause after the last two hammerings they got they might stop turning up, bout time they got one win on the board ;)

Cause if I got put back into me spawn a few hours into a 24 hour game, I wouldnt be heading back anytime soon

its a bit of buzz, deliberite wind up on lemming and puding, change yizzur tampons before you take it serious

Try not to let this derail into a comeptitive airsoft thread, which is usually two sides going ballistic, with neither side willing to budge or give an inch. Ressurect an old necro thread for that talk.

And thats coming from me, who just wanted to tear into oz over
    "If "winning" is that important, go play soccer or something

Arg

• Advertisement

TheDoc wrote: »
    I'll tell ya what I'll make sure I'm defo there in September so theres no confusion over who won, and my apologies for not being around on the trip just gone as this confusion could have been easily avoided.

LOL. Love you, man. Post of the day.

For anyone who hasn't seen this, there's an excellent video along with a good write-up of the weekend.

http://www.outsidecontext.com/2010/06/09/sennybridge-a-basho-film-about-the-chernarus-conflict/

bit of news for anyone looking to attend the second part, the displayed dates have changed from 26th/27th September 2010 to 4th/5th September 2010

Puding wrote: »
    bit of news for anyone looking to attend the second part, the displayed dates have changed from 26th/27th September 2010 to 4th/5th September 2010

I was sure everyone knew that already. It's been on the TA site for a while.

first time i had seen it so thought i would throw it up, if it has been up for some time im shore others might have missed it as well

• Advertisement
Advertisement