Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TA Events - 2010 heads up

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

A set of DPM will set you back about 20€ for the green side... they dont demand full russian kit or anything... Its a little unfair on those that are happy with things and will have to change thier kit if the things are rejigged to suit those that cant simply adapt.

A new set of bdus (all you'd need) isnt that much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Factions havent been lurking on the HF looking at factions taken from the TA webpage looks like there been a bit of confusion on what teams are open to players

Chernarussian Defence Forces "CDF" Available to players - 70 places available
    Camo details: Tan colours. In other words, tan and desert colours and patterns (but not multicam).

United States Marine Corps Available to players - 30 places available
    Camo details: Multicam only.

Chernarussian Movement of the Red Star "ChDKZ" Available to players - 100 places available
    Camo details: Temperate green patterns, such as British green DPM, US woodland patterns, Marpat, Flectarn, Belgium camo etc. As well as this they can also mix urban camo as part of their BDU (blacks and grays).

National Party "NAPA" Available to staff only
    Camo details: Civilian Clothing / Olive Drab (or a combination of the two)

Best get booking you lot with MC only... you get to be special afterall it seems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

deco nate wrote: »
    (yes,all I have is multicam :( )
    also i have NO links to the hawks whatsoever

On the contrary, i believe we now own you.

It's in the fine print.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

By that logic, since I've spent more* on MultiCam than several of The Hawks put together, I own you.

It's still daft to call them the USMC. Either dress them in MARPAT or call them something else. Then we can wear our usual away strip(s).

* Those were the days, my friends. <sigh>

• Advertisement

OzCam wrote: »
    By that logic, since I've spent more* on MultiCam than several of The Hawks put together, I own you.

It's still daft to call them the USMC. Either dress them in MARPAT or call them something else. Then we can wear our usual away strip(s).

A) LOL for admiting to that Bernie... and Deco... Run, fast.

And this is based on the arma 2 game, i belive the marines wear mc in this FUTURE conflict.
    On the contrary, i believe we now own you.

It's in the fine print.
    Grand!

When are you boys taking ownership of Ol' Bernie then? *Grins*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭evilrobotshane

TheDoc wrote: »
    Might be an idea to start making a list of confirmed numbers to see the feasability on an all irish platoon or something similar.

Throw me on there if it'll help. Given what I've heard about the weather at Sennybridge, I'm going with whatever side lets me wear DPM or civilian Gore-Tex.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

OzCam wrote: »

Yeah.... But i own YOU!
    :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Masada wrote: »
    Yeah.... But i own YOU!

That's what she said.

Yeah.... But i own YOU!
    :P
    Careful admiting that in public hon ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Firekitten wrote: »
    A) LOL for admiting to that Bernie... and Deco... Run, fast.

And this is based on the arma 2 game, i belive the marines wear mc in this FUTURE conflict.

Having played ARMA 2 extensively, I can tell you that they wear MARPAT :-)

hehe, you would :P

Ok then... Dunno why he chose that... Probably needs to accomodate Elite SOB's from england as much as you eejits ;):rolleyes:

The staff OPFOR wore Multicam for Operation: Zulu, which was TA Events' last game. Maybe it's one crowd of guys and that's what they've got.

Perhaps... Ians own team wear MC, so it could be them. Though it does have a civy staff team, perhaps they are doing that instead.

Its like disabled ramps at the shops... in airsoft, you need to accomodate for the multicammers who dont fit in on either side and give them thier own.

"There there *pats head* you can still play... look, you're special now! isnt that cool!?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

Perhaps... Ians own team wear MC, so it could be them. Though it does have a civy staff team, perhaps they are doing that instead.

Its like disabled ramps at the shops... in airsoft, you need to accomodate for the multicammers who dont fit in on either side and give them thier own.

"There there *pats head* you can still play... look, you're special now! isnt that cool!?"

Sorry to go off topic but I'm sure you are not meaning to be overly offensive, however some things are just not appropriate.

Sorry to go off topic but I'm sure you are not meaning to be overly offensive, however some things are just not appropriate.
    True, I mean, its not even a paticularly nice Camouflage...

Jokes aside, I know its a dark joke, and I'm aware, but i make no reference to disabled people, or aim to offend them. I simply make a joke about a group of individuals within the global airsoft community that are 'special' almost, due to the original nature of the camouflage and make it difficult to play the 'woodland vs desert' type games most big events do. The joke was obviously too subtle for some. Try not to look for political incorectness and you wont find it. ;) My sense of humour is dark, i don't appologise for that.

For the record, I currently need those ramps... (If i can even leave bed) so perhaps think twice before suggesting I'm being discriminatory towards wheelchair users... that would be a tad hypocritical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭wormbyte

I have had right fun and games trying to log on due to my account being locked because of failed log in attempts.

Before I go and FYI, the team I play on "Team HWM" are traditionally a UKSF style outfitting. Due to the news that the British Army are now to start using Multicam, and as well as the fact that UKSF have be using Multicam for a little while in Afgan, we as a team are starting to convert to Multicam.

The rational behind the MC ruling for USMC was primarily due to it being played by the staff that were the OPFOR at the recent TacOps game. but due to the Army now moving towards MC, I felt there will be some up take of this camo in the next few months within the UK Airsoft community and therefore I have decided to make the USMC available to players as I don't want to exclude the MC community.

Marpat was never going to be an option for the USMC within the game. I know this is not exactly realistic, but as an Airsoft event, I think it is more important to have camo rules that avoid clashes.

I also wanted the USMC to be seen as a seperate unit to the Gov Forces, although they are fighting on the same side. So MC seemed the natural choice. Marpat would be seen as too much of a clash against other green camo's.

It was always going to be an area of contention, but those are the rules and I have to draw a line under it somewhere.

Anyways on to lighter news.....

The new TA Website has now been launched.

Specific event information can be here.

And forum details can be found here.

Bookings are due to open at the end of March, but you will be notified if its any sooner.

Thanks for the clarification Ian, I suppose either Arid marpat or wodland would both clash with other teams... so it was a lose lose... It works as an option.

(offtopic) Take up mc? never! (end off topic)

Will be booking in myself asap. Will be my first game after being back to fitness hopefully.

Also Ian, There was a server attack on boards... all paswords had to be changed. :)

Also Ian, There was a server attack on boards... all paswords had to be changed. :)

Ahhhh, that will be why then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭deepimpact

I'll be hovering over the F5 on release day for the USMC tickets.

It's going to be my first trip to Sennybridge, and since Berget last year, I've been meaning to get across the water to at least 1 TA Event. 2010 will be year of the Tiger. Seriously looking forward to it.

• Advertisement

scanlant wrote: »
    I'll be hovering over the F5 on release day for the USMC tickets.

It's going to be my first trip to Sennybridge, and since Berget last year, I've been meaning to get across the water to at least 1 TA Event. 2010 will be year of the Tiger. Seriously looking forward to it.
    You will love it. Its not quite like any other airsoft game... And do pack waterproofs :P

You will love it. Its not quite like any other airsoft game... And do pack waterproofs :P

Must buy a parka so. Might pack a tactical umbrella.

Is the weather actually that bad in Wales at that time of year?

Impossible to say...

My first event in April '08 was light rain on one day, November '08 was piss poor, April '09 was perfect.

The Bamako game last August also had perfect weather.

May is the kind of month where the weather should be more promising.

It's impossible to say really. But I have seen more good days than bad at Senny during the 7 times I visited the training area.

Best be prepared anyway, may aswell buy a parka either way.

Thanks Ian.

I worked for a summer in that area (Llangorse), and the weather was generally nice but with some rainy days. I'd advise including the option of layering up and some rain gear just in case, but based around a t-shirt which hopefully will be all you'll need. Well, that and boots and maybe a hat of some kind.

wormbyte wrote: »
    Impossible to say...

My first event in April '08 was light rain on one day, November '08 was piss poor, April '09 was perfect.

The Bamako game last August also had perfect weather.

May is the kind of month where the weather should be more promising.

It's impossible to say really. But I have seen more good days than bad at Senny during the 7 times I visited the training area.
    It varies hugely... and Shane.. the local weather is nothing like the training area... inside, the weather follows no pattern known to man.

I remember the f&O game before the bamaco one, sideways rain, and 50% of players went home. It varies massively.

my advice is to pack some waterproofs incase. Better safe than senny. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

/me rubs eyes wearily.... I feel like I've been in an airsoft coma for the last while... time to start catching up.

Ian my good man, excellent job on the new site, looks great.

I hope to get over for the next game, Berget is looking less likely for me at the moment, so hopefully will make it to this instead.

Wets are handy to have but the temperature at that time of year is more than comfortable so you'll get alway with lightweight gortex gear over your BDU. Carry lightweight and dont carry all the "this looks deadly" kinda sh1t, if you plan on staying out for the majority of the game you'll start to feel the weight of all that stuff.,

Last time around i used a bandolier with 3 mags, dropleg mag pouch with 3 more and my pistol. also had my 3day sack with anything i needed to keep fed and warm and i was pretty mobile and more than comfortable the whole time whereas some of the lads near me were complaining about vests, slings etc after a good few hours using them. :)

Indeed, one thing I learned from my first Senny game was keep your kit as minimalist as possible. Let's face it, the safezone/car park is not that far away if you really do need anything

• Advertisement

+1. I got myself a lightweight vest last time I was out and it was so much better than the (usually comfy and warm) plate carrier it was unreal.

The weather is unpredictable alright. PR2 was a downpour, soaked to the goolies all the while, whereas PR3 and uprising were scorchers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

To put it in perspective, the F&O game which FK has referred to ... we drove down from Sheffield in early August in what i can only describe as *glorious* sunny weather teh length and breadth of the UK.

Until we rolled across the cattle-grid (literally) into SenTA. Whereupon it proceeded to p*ss cats & dogs for all of Saturday and some of Sunday morning. Upon leaving again, the rest of the UK was still basking in glorious sunny weather.

Do the math folks ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

its wales come on, plan for every type of weather, you never know you may beed to all in the same weekend :) its worse than the cork/kerry mountains ;)

Wets are handy to have but the temperature at that time of year is more than comfortable so you'll get alway with lightweight gortex gear over your BDU. Carry lightweight and dont carry all the "this looks deadly" kinda sh1t, if you plan on staying out for the majority of the game you'll start to feel the weight of all that stuff.,

Last time around i used a bandolier with 3 mags, dropleg mag pouch with 3 more and my pistol. also had my 3day sack with anything i needed to keep fed and warm and i was pretty mobile and more than comfortable the whole time whereas some of the lads near me were complaining about vests, slings etc after a good few hours using them. :)
    I'm plesantly suprised at your sensible attitude.... I thought you'd be all for the deady rubbish :P Nice to know opinions can be wrong.

As for the temperature... Dont let that fool you, in June it was freezing and stormy, it changes by the hour up there in the mountains.

Yes, last time i was down, I was diving through windows to effect entry, where the molle turtles were struggling to fit through the door neverming a window... "Climb through there? but my gear might get damaged!"

its all about the blackhawk battle bag and some savvy.

I plan on shoving my gortex jacket in my gear for justi n case, and a spare set of bdus and a towel... its just... nah. after the Red dawn weekend playing civies... no more white teeshirts.. *shudders at the memory*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

new site looks great ian, was just reading thought the rules they seem to have been twicked a little like frag kills in building i swear the rule was a little different last time i was there
    If you are inside a room when a fragmentation grenade explodes then you are instantly killed in action and should return to regen instantly.

and i like how your know treating stun and frags as different, last time i was there they all counted as frags, nice move in my eyes
    If you are inside a room when a stun grenade explodes then you are incapacitated for 10 seconds. During this time you can not shoot or move by your own free will.

would say everyone new and old going to have a read thought :)

edit: ok a lot more changes and new rules than i thought at first love the new medic rules and more indepth rules for support :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

Lads we went over all this the last time, especially here... have you forgotten so quickly?

Celieni Village is 370 metres up in the Brecon Beacons. It can be warm and sunny, even in the Welsh mountains, or it can be cold, wet and windy, even in May. Bring stuff you can layer up and down easily.

Mountains are pretty, but they can bite. Dress accordingly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Stone.cold

Marines oh yeah :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 303 ✭✭fleecymanager

JUST SAW SOME VIDEO OF A TA EVENT ON THERE WEB SITE :eek: OOOOH MY GOD:eek: for sale my left one............are pyros realy that good, if i do get to go i won't get to fire of a round i will spend all me time video'n

Yeah Pyro is ok, bit annoying on the reciving end in enclosed spaces but no biggie. You get used to the bangs and explosions eventually.

Throwing end = fun

Reciving end = run away

Pyro and zombiesoft are the only things ive seen that make grown hardmen airsofters run like little girls...

ya wont wanna be videoing pal., you'll be missing all the best stuff, the action., :D

Yeah Pyro is ok, bit annoying on the reciving end in enclosed spaces but no biggie. You get used to the bangs and explosions eventually.

Throwing end = fun

Reciving end = run away

Pyro and zombiesoft are the only things ive seen that make grown hardmen airsofters run like little girls...

Even the receiving end can be fun, I'll never forget that ridiculously long siege of building 24 at PR2 I think it was, must have been a few hundred pyro's going both ways for about half an hour, great craic :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,120 ✭✭✭moggser

At the last even there in august
    it was near midnight the moon shone brightly at least 12
    of us where in building 22 between floors all was quite till
    someone heard a snadgie fart in the bushes too our left
    everyone threw what ever frags and flashbangs into
    the bush it was like skyfest
    was great craic
    turned out there was no one in the bushes after all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 913 ✭✭✭fayer

kdouglas wrote: »
    Even the receiving end can be fun, I'll never forget that ridiculously long siege of building 24 at PR2 I think it was, must have been a few hundred pyro's going both ways for about half an hour, great craic :)

At least the burgers made it through enemy lines before it kicked off!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 GHOST_WARRIOR

I think i'll be venturing over again...

Only question is what camo to bring :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 303 ✭✭fleecymanager

so who's playing on which teams?

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭delta-boy

I would be extremely interested in this, as the 29th is my 16 birthday :)

But, age wise, would I be able to play?

Think TA games might be over 18 only, check their website ta-events.co.uk

Edit;
    Only reference to age I found on their site was this;
    Eye protection is mandatory in the form of goggles or approved glasses, full face protection is advised and is required for player under 18 years of age.

Otherwise, you might need someone to be your "guardian" for the purposes of getting ferries and such.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭delta-boy

I tried, but I couldnt find anything age wise except something saying:

"Eye protection is mandatory in the form of goggles or approved glasses, full face protection is advised and is required for player under 18 years of age."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭P.K

delta-boy wrote: »
    I tried, but I couldnt find anything age wise except something saying:

"Eye protection is mandatory in the form of goggles or approved glasses, full face protection is advised and is required for player under 18 years of age."

i was there last year (was 16) dunno if they've changed there rules since then but
    General Rules
    • 18 years old (16 if accompanied by a parent or guardian who is playing).

That was for a charity event so the rules might have tightened up since then. I sent an email off to check so just waiting on a reply.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

one thing that has to be looked at and its not scare mongering ,the new child protection vetting in the uk any body working or bringing an under 18 to an outing, event, or other will have to vetting ie (perv check) so might be worth while getting a guardian to go with you

P.K wrote: »
    i was there last year (was 16) dunno if they've changed there rules since then but

That was for a charity event so the rules might have tightened up since then. I sent an email off to check so just waiting on a reply.

They were grand with someone acting as guardian though, didn't have to be legal guardian.

God opportunity to get your da to come along, delta-boy :-)

• Advertisement
Advertisement