Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TA Events - 2010 heads up

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭delta-boy

I'll try ask him tonight. As the 29th IS my birthday!

Also, would he have to be playing with me? I mean, I wouldnt be able to persuade him to join me for 48 hours of MilSim in Wales. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

Gatling wrote: »
    one thing that has to be looked at and its not scare mongering ,the new child protection vetting in the uk any body working or bringing an under 18 to an outing, event, or other will have to vetting ie (perv check) so might be worth while getting a guardian to go with you

also be aware of the implications for the people your travelling with as one will have to be legally responsible and as you 16 that not something to be taken lightly, ozcam is the CPO for the IAA you might want to ask his advice

Right, told my dad. He said he'd be travelling with me. :)

One down, two more to go...

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭ASI Casper

Ians events are usually always 16+ unless the MOD or his insurers specifically request an 18 only limit for the specific venue.

I've had <18s to a few of his events, including Sennybridge, with myself acting as guardian.

Right, got confirmation from Ian, everything is fine as long as I bring proof of age with me.

Now, what team is everyone playing on?

delta-boy wrote: »
    Right, got confirmation from Ian, everything is fine as long as I bring proof of age with me.

Now, what team is everyone playing on?

there is people from ireland looking to play on all teams as far as im aware

Ahh right, but what team would have the most considerable amount of Irish on it? I dont want to be on a team full of strangers. :D

Also, whats the site and games like. I heard brilliant things about PR3. Will it be much different to what Airsoft is like in Ireland?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 941 ✭✭✭AlternateID

Ahh right, but what team would have the most considerable amount of Irish on it? I dont want to be on a team full of strangers. :D

Also, whats the site and games like. I heard brilliant things about PR3. Will it be much different to what Airsoft is like in Ireland?

Have you ever played milsim or battlesim? It will not be a skirmish. There will be limited ammo, no high caps and plenty of missions with sub-missions.

This is Sennybridge. 2 and 3 story buildings with basements.
    448067_c905d9bd.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Tommyboy71

In short....... Oh he'll yeah. Nothing like it in Ireland. Check out previous Senny threads. Two and Three storey buildings, pyro, intense storyline, pyro, airstrikes, arty strikes, pyro and a whopper of a great time. Oh, did I mention the pyros. You and your dad will love it.

• Advertisement

that one of the best bit about thee events, meeting and playign with new people wants the point of traveling all that way and only seeing the same people you play with week in week out :)

anyway sound like your best bet would be the hawks forum http://forum.hawksairsoft.com/viewforum.php?f=36 , they have a section about the event, and would be your best bet

also you have used the forum over at ta events so you know the site, make shore you have read the rules section http://www.ta-events.co.uk/rules/ as there very different to anything you will have used in ireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

This is Sennybridge. 2 and 3 story buildings with basements.
    448067_c905d9bd.jpg
    One more year, one more year, one more year...

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Fireborn

Just wondering, being a noob to airsoft AND weekend events, whether anyone is able to point me in the direction of:

a decent bag to carry stuff in.

a list of stuff i'll need and recoomendations for said stuff (not got a clue about camping etc.)

Cheers,

Sam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 303 ✭✭fleecymanager

Leftyflip wrote: »
    oh my god

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 913 ✭✭✭fayer

Fireborn wrote: »
    Just wondering, being a noob to airsoft AND weekend events, whether anyone is able to point me in the direction of:

a list of stuff i'll need and recoomendations for said stuff (not got a clue about camping etc.)

Cheers,

Sam

Short and not comprehensive list based on my times at games in Wales,
    • Good boots & good socks
    • Sleeping bag & roll mat or camp bed
    • Combat gear that is waterproof if required
    • ear plugs (truse me you need them to get any sleep)
    • backpack you can fight wearing
    • hydration system for backpack (you must carry water and be able to access it easly)

You do not need to carry your sleeping kit during the game, their is off game sleeping zones, unless your totally hardcore and want to sleep in game.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Cheers,

Sam

Kudos to Gerrout for this,
    http://www.irishairsoft.info/index.php?title=EventsPR3

• Advertisement

have to agree with fayers list good basic list to start

BDU - good quality BDU seen a fair few pairs of ebay 20usd rip and give way in no time, invest in a good hard wearing pair, i would not go with gear that is waterproof ( e/g like gortex) as you will just get to hot, best bet is to pack some light weight rain wear even just a jacket, also pack soem warm weather gear again a jacket is perfect, weather can change very fast in wales

Boots - again good quality boots somthing that you have warn in and comfortable with as you will be in them for a long time

load bearing - again good quality load bearing, best to leave your plate carryer at home and go with light weight and functional get rid of anything that is not 100% needed for the game

backpack - something like a 3 day assualt pack again go with good quality, you do not want the ass failing out of it half way thought the day, 3 day is good size for your warm and wet gear and some food, you can also throw a hydration pack in them

knee pads - or even just one, your playing in concrete building with lots of bb on the floor, kneeling on them is not good :)

comms - licence free no need to go out and pay hundreds of euros for top end and get a licence and all that stuff , you can pick up a decent motorola xtn or next model down can pick them up on ebay cheap a lot of security companys going out of business selling stuff off then again there all working on the same frequency some of the cheaper pmr perform rather well when we where there but it was hit and miss , but pmr is not perfect for that built up environment and can be unreliable for the reasons fayer gave, also there are a lot of people trying to use a small number of channels, as i said not perfect but useful at time

aeg - something reliable, remove any extra crap, lasers m203 all the stuff that is just bling and not needed and you will not want to be carrying round the extra weight

pistol - always good as a backup and considering it is semi in building, somtimes an advantage over the aeg due to szie

torch - you will need to for navigation and for clearing buildings, best bet is to go with a small torch LED and a LED headlamp both with spare batterys

magazine - you will need midcap, as rifileman you will have a limit of 600 rounds per life so depending on capacity of the mags you will need between 4 - 6 and a couple of spares, also you will need a speedloader

some form of storage for pyros, you do not want to be worrying them in your bdu pockets, they can go off in there :) a dump pouch is perfect

batterys - go with good quality and have spares as you may not be able to charge them or have time to charge them

baby wipps - worth there weight in gold

tent/sleeping bags - you will need sleeping bag and sleeping matt for friday night, a tent between a few guys is also good if you need to sleep out of game

when working out what to carry always keep it to a minimal and keep it simple

Puding wrote: »

comms, chaep pmr for comms between unit is perfect

Agree with everything except that! Cheap comms wont work well over the range / terrain and will just piss off everyone else on your channel. Good comms suffer in Senny, reinforced concrete buildings, plate steel, long ranges and cold / wet weather.

fayer wrote: »
    Agree with everything except that! Cheap comms wont work well over the range / terrain and will just piss off everyone else on your channel. Good comms suffer in Senny, reinforced concrete buildings, plate steel, long ranges and cold / wet weather.

sorry should have clarified i meant cheap as it licence free no need to go out and pay hundreds of euros for top end and get a licence and all that stuff , you can pick up a decent motorola xtn or next model down can pick them up on ebay cheap a lot of security companys going out of business selling stuff off :) then again there all working on the same frequency some of the cheaper pmr perform rather well when we where there but it was hit and miss , but pmr is not perfect for that built up environment and can be unreliable for the reasons fayer gave, also there are a lot of people trying to use a small number of channels, as i said not perfect but useful at time

but its all priority, if you on a budget i would definatly say get bdu and boot first, stuff like a more expensive radio is a little lower down the list and i would not stress

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Fireborn

have to agree with fayers list good basic list to start

BDU - good quality BDU seen a fair few pairs of ebay 20usd rip and give way in no time, invest in a good hard wearing pair, i would not go with gear that is waterproof ( e/g like gortex) as you will just get to hot, best bet is to pack some light weight rain wear even just a jacket, also pack soem warm weather gear again a jacket is perfect, weather can change very fast in wales

Boots - again good quality boots somthing that you have warn in and comfortable with as you will be in them for a long time

load bearing - again good quality load bearing, best to leave your plate carryer at home and go with light weight and functional get rid of anything that is not 100% needed for the game

backpack - something like a 3 day assualt pack again go with good quality, you do not want the ass failing out of it half way thought the day, 3 day is good size for your warm and wet gear and some food, you can also throw a hydration pack in them

knee pads - or even just one, your playing in concrete building with lots of bb on the floor, kneeling on them is not good :)

comms - licence free no need to go out and pay hundreds of euros for top end and get a licence and all that stuff , you can pick up a decent motorola xtn or next model down can pick them up on ebay cheap a lot of security companys going out of business selling stuff off then again there all working on the same frequency some of the cheaper pmr perform rather well when we where there but it was hit and miss , but pmr is not perfect for that built up environment and can be unreliable for the reasons fayer gave, also there are a lot of people trying to use a small number of channels, as i said not perfect but useful at time

aeg - something reliable, remove any extra crap, lasers m203 all the stuff that is just bling and not needed and you will not want to be carrying round the extra weight

pistol - always good as a backup and considering it is semi in building, somtimes an advantage over the aeg due to szie

torch - you will need to for navigation and for clearing buildings, best bet is to go with a small torch LED and a LED headlamp both with spare batterys

magazine - you will need midcap, as rifileman you will have a limit of 600 rounds per life so depending on capacity of the mags you will need between 4 - 6 and a couple of spares, also you will need a speedloader

some form of storage for pyros, you do not want to be worrying them in your bdu pockets, they can go off in there :) a dump pouch is perfect

batterys - go with good quality and have spares as you may not be able to charge them or have time to charge them

baby wipps - worth there weight in gold

tent/sleeping bags - you will need sleeping bag and sleeping matt for friday night, a tent between a few guys is also good if you need to sleep out of game

when working out what to carry always keep it to a minimal and keep it simple

Some questions I have (sorry if you've answered these a million times)

I have a G36C with an an/peq on it which is light enough, its got a flashlight built in. My question regarding this is- Is that acceptable for conflict setting? I get the impression that anyone who's not a marine (armalites) should be using AK variants to fit in. Or is there leeway for someone who doesnt want an AK? I'd buy an armalite, and probably will soon, but i really dont like AK's for some reason.

As for hardwearing BDU's what makes are worth getting? I think someone said Propper are good can you confirm?

The 3 Day assault pack was what I was looking at, just wondering if anyone knows how to spot a rip-off that going to fall apart (are the camelbak ones the "real" ones?, and wether i can fit all the stuff i need for the weekend in one?

Pyro/Grenades wise are tornado grenade worthwhile/allowed? I have a feeling reclaiming themm once thrown would be an issue if my side didnt push the enemy off the objective.

Sleeping-wise im a bit confused, do we sleep in the field (thus taking everything with us during the day) or is there a time when its all called off (and a seperate camping area) I think the mention of nightfighting has me confused. unless we fight until say midnight then head back?

Regarding tents: are single tents acceptable? you know the ones that breakdown into the little bags? Then just a roll, and a sleeping bag.

My Plan:

I was planning to wear my plate carrier (but again am accutely aware a US style molle PC isnt really eastern bloc enough) so maybe PLCE? would that be better? That way i'll have pouches for my radio (planning to buy a motorola xtn) grenades, mags and a monkey pouch for a map etc. Then In the assault pack, water, food, bb's, gas, tools and batteries. (and will have the mags in during transport (see next paragraph))

Then in another bag (which will contain the aeg / pistol until we get there (seperate to the mags which is what recommended for the ferry) and my empty PLCE/PC) i will put the tent/mat/sleepingbag an other stuff not for use on the battlefield.

Is that sensible? Any pointers from anyone?

Thanks for reading through my essay :)

Sam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

As far as I know, there's no gun restrictions, just ammo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

G36 is fine. Lose the flashlight.

Propper are good, as are tru-spec or helikon. Any issue stuff is fine.

3-day assault pack is grand, that's what most people use. I've never had a clone BP fal apart, but YMMV.

Leave the tornado at home, 2 quid buys you a pyro that's got a lot more effectiveness and less annoyance.

Nightfighting is up to you. There's a camping area in the safezone you can use any tent you like in. Sleeping 'in the field' literally means finding a corner in a building and hunkering down for some kip.

Your plan looks sensible in general. It depends on the weather, if it's warm the plate carrier might be too heavy, but apart from that what you're saying makes sense.
    Some questions I have (sorry if you've answered these a million times)

I have a G36C with an an/peq on it which is light enough, its got a flashlight built in. My question regarding this is- Is that acceptable for conflict setting? I get the impression that anyone who's not a marine (armalites) should be using AK variants to fit in. Or is there leeway for someone who doesnt want an AK? I'd buy an armalite, and probably will soon, but i really dont like AK's for some reason.

As for hardwearing BDU's what makes are worth getting? I think someone said Propper are good can you confirm?

The 3 Day assault pack was what I was looking at, just wondering if anyone knows how to spot a rip-off that going to fall apart (are the camelbak ones the "real" ones?, and wether i can fit all the stuff i need for the weekend in one?

Pyro/Grenades wise are tornado grenade worthwhile/allowed? I have a feeling reclaiming themm once thrown would be an issue if my side didnt push the enemy off the objective.

Sleeping-wise im a bit confused, do we sleep in the field (thus taking everything with us during the day) or is there a time when its all called off (and a seperate camping area) I think the mention of nightfighting has me confused. unless we fight until say midnight then head back?

Regarding tents: are single tents acceptable? you know the ones that breakdown into the little bags? Then just a roll, and a sleeping bag.

My Plan:

I was planning to wear my plate carrier (but again am accutely aware a US style molle PC isnt really eastern bloc enough) so maybe PLCE? would that be better? That way i'll have pouches for my radio (planning to buy a motorola xtn) grenades, mags and a monkey pouch for a map etc. Then In the assault pack, water, food, bb's, gas, tools and batteries. (and will have the mags in during transport (see next paragraph))

Then in another bag (which will contain the aeg / pistol until we get there (seperate to the mags which is what recommended for the ferry) and my empty PLCE/PC) i will put the tent/mat/sleepingbag an other stuff not for use on the battlefield.

Is that sensible? Any pointers from anyone?

Thanks for reading through my essay :)

Sam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭evilrobotshane

You do not need to carry your sleeping kit during the game, their is off game sleeping zones, unless your totally hardcore and want to sleep in game.

For those of us who are totally hardcore, will we be needing to carry our sleeping kit the entire time, or is there typically somewhere we could ditch it in-game, behind our lines or whatever? Is there a headquarters for each side that's unlikely to get overrun? I'm willing to take the chance and have to fight to get my sleeping bag back, but would like some idea of what to expect in that regard, if anyone can give hints.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 941 ✭✭✭AlternateID

For those of us who are totally hardcore, will we be needing to carry our sleeping kit the entire time, or is there typically somewhere we could ditch it in-game, behind our lines or whatever? Is there a headquarters for each side that's unlikely to get overrun? I'm willing to take the chance and have to fight to get my sleeping bag back, but would like some idea of what to expect in that regard, if anyone can give hints.

yes, there is a semi-safe zone for each team where you respawn. You can leave your gear there. However it is still in game so googles must remain on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

For those of us who are totally hardcore,

If you were truly hardcore, you wouldn't sleep ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

If you were truly hardcore, you wouldn't sleep ;)

No. If you don't sleep, you don't perform properly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

OzCam wrote: »
    No. If you don't sleep, you don't perform properly.

Even the time of my post was epic.

But apart from falling asleep behind building 22, i was graaaand.

Check-in on the Friday night is very likely to be around 6pm.

This is due to live firing taking place on "F" Range during the day, which means we will not be able to use the carparking area until the range has been finished with and the unit has left the range.

update from ian

also be aware of the implications for the people your travelling with as one will have to be legally responsible and as you 16 that not something to be taken lightly, ozcam is the CPO for the IAA you might want to ask his advice

Actually, I'm not. It may happen later this year, but there's a lot of paperwork to do yet. :)

I'm glad Delta-boy's dad is going with him, it simplifies things immensely. Dad doesn't have to play, but he can put a hi-vis vest on and observe. There's not much else to do in Sennybridge during a game. He'll still have to wear goggles though, just like everyone else. Bring him along to a skirmish so he can see what it's about.

For everyone else thinking of bringing a minor on a trip like this, I found a document which has a great checklist of the things to do first, and a consent form you can use. It's aimed at scout/sports/educational trips, but covers most things likely to crop up when bringing a minor across an international border for an airsoft game. Remember that there will be a short chat with the Police at the port before the return journey. If your paperwork is all in order, it should be just a formality.

The Driver should complete the checklist on page 8, the minor should complete page 9 and the sample consent form is on pages 13 and 14.

Sorry for the delay, I thought I had this document on file but couldn't lay hands on it so had to search for it again.

Actually, I'm not. It may happen later this year, but there's a lot of paperwork to do yet.

no problem :) hears be throwing responsibility at you to early ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Danin

anyone hear of what date in March the tickets go on sale ??

• Advertisement

no date, ian has simply said it is the end of march

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Danin

no date, ian has simply said it is the end of march

Cheers mate
    really looking forward to this and I keep thinking once I have the Ticket its really going to take place LOLz :D

Announced this morning:

Tickets will be available from the 20 March 2010. Bookings can be made for individuals or as a group booking. A GBP 55 non-refundable deposit will be required WITHIN 7 days of making your booking. The balance of GBP 30 will be required in cash at the event.

See http://www.ta-events.co.uk/ for details.

I don't like the stun grenade rule, it'll just cause arguments over whether people should take a hit or not, and how do you identify a particular pyro in the middle of a firefight?

Stun grenades give off a large flash and very loud bang.
    Frags are much smaller and are filled with peas, the bang is quite small and hardly any flash, if any, very noticeable in comparison.

Having been on the receiving end of hundreds of them I never have difficulty knowing what just blew up beside me :D

I like them on one level but do agree that they could be a little bit more complicated and cause confusion, I don't think identifying the type would be a problem they sound very differant to me and if your in range to be hit you can see the device

I definatly think the instant kill from drags inside building is great, makes them far more deadly, no more sitting in a building with a medic against grenades, instant kill with them will be interesting

Newletter for anyone not on mailing list
    Having trouble viewing this email? Click here to view it in your browser

Our News...

May event at Sennybridge, Wales

The next TA Events Airsoft weekend event is now scheduled for the 29/30 May 2010. Held at Sennybridge, this will be the first event using our new BattleSim format of game play.

Event Details
    Name: The Chernarus Conflict - Part 1
    Price: £85.00 per ticket
    Availability: 200 places
    Booking start date: 20 March 2010
    Format: BattleSim
    So what is being planned?
    Fast and furious action, a twisted and evolving plot line, a Battle Simulation experience, medic rules with a whole new level of realism, in depth fire support rules and much much more....

New Game Features
    There is a whole stack of new features we are putting in the game in line with our new BattleSim format. Here are just a few:

Fully staffed command posts, these will include:
    The Commander
    His 2ic
    A radio operator
    An Intelligence officer
    New fragmentation rules and the introduction of the new stun grenade rule.
    Casualty cards rolled out to all players to add a new realism of casualties during the battle.
    Enhanced Fire-Support rules for mortars, helicopter attacks and fast-air.
    What is the plot?
    When a rogue Chedaki commander takes the civil war in to his own hands, things get out of control very rapidly. The town of Gorka is about to take center stage in the world news and all for the wrong reasons.

The only thing that can stop him is a small force of the Chernarus Defence Force assisted by elements of the United States Marine Corps.

Introducing the world of ARMAII, and the Chernarus Conflict
    TA Events are delighted to have acquired the permission from Bohemia Interactive to use the story and factions from the PC game hit, ARMA2, which we feel offers the type of diversity to make some fantastic scenarios.

The event will focus on the Chernarus conflict as portrayed in the ARMA2 game, created by Bohemia Interactive (the developers behind Operation Flashpoint).

Background Information of the Conflict
    The civil war has been waging within Chernarus for many years now and all parties involved are adapting to the new style of warfare being fought.

Most of the fighting between the chDKZ (Movement of the red star) a.k.a "Chedaki" and the CDF (Chernarussian Defence Force) has been taking place in the northern regions of the country. So the small town of Gorka which is controlled by a Ivan Dekorski, a local CDF commander, has been fortunate so far to avoid scars of war.

All that is about to change though as events bring together the forces of the chDKZ, CDF, NAPA and the USMC in to a desperate situation where the stakes are high and there is much to lose.

Price and how to book
    Tickets will be available from the 20 March 2010. Bookings can be made for individuals or as a group booking. A £55 non-refundable deposit will be required WITHIN 7 days of making your booking. The balance of £30 will be required in cash at the event.

What is BattleSim
    BattleSim is for players that want a faster pace game with nested sub-missions. But at the same time, BattleSim will still hold to the core basic values of MilSim (team structure, strong communications, low/mid cap magazines and limited ammo). You can find more information about BattleSim on the BattleSim Page on the TA Events website.

New website

We have taken time over the winter to review our website at www.ta-events.co.uk, and to give it a fresh look and feel. Much thought has been given to the development in order for you to find the information you are looking for quickly, whilst being structured in a way for you to easily digest the information displayed.

Event Diary
    We have now introduced an event diary on the homepage of the website. This enables our customers to see planned games over the comings months.

Players Guides
    We have released a series of published guides which we hope will help you to correctly prepare for your weekend gaming, and increase your skills and knowledge during the course of an event.

The list of guides will increase over time and we welcome any feedback on the content of our guides.

The current guide list:

BattleSim Weekend Prep
    Overview of Command
    Rifleman
    Medic
    Squad Leader
    Platoon Sergeant (TacOps)
    Platoon Commander (TacOps)
    Battle Commander (BattleSim)
    Radio Voice Procedures
    Using Fire Support
    These guides have been developed and written within the context of Airsoft. The material has been developed from real steel experience but adapted to work within an Airsoft event.

Although we are a UK company, the material is not always taken from British Army tactics and battle drills. Instead they have been sourced from a variety of military resources.

Forum Enhancements
    We are now using version 3.0.5 of the Invision power board. This version of the forum comes packed with great new features like "member conversation" which enhances the existing "private messaging" feature. As well as this there is a whole heap of changes that introduce Web 2.0 user enhancements.

We have now also integrated the gallery section within the forum using the Invision Gallery application. This allows forum members to post their photos from their experiences at TA Events games.

Click here to visit the new TA Events site now and see the changes for yourself.

TA Events Ltd
    7 Glamis Close, Hemel Hemstead, Hertfordshire, HP2 7QB
    Telphone: +44 7894059794 - Email: info@ta-events.co.uk
    If you no longer wish to recieve this newsletter then click here to unsubscribe

Stun grenades give off a large flash and very loud bang.
    Frags are much smaller and are filled with peas, the bang is quite small and hardly any flash, if any, very noticeable in comparison.

Having been on the receiving end of hundreds of them I never have difficulty knowing what just blew up beside me :D

Thermobarics have a noticeable compression effect. If you're in a small room with one going off, you'll know :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,120 ✭✭✭moggser

I definatly think the instant kill from drags inside building is great, makes them far more deadly, no more sitting in a building with a medic against grenades, instant kill with them will be interesting

i didnt know that the stuns where stuns the last time i presumed they where a insta-kill any way and just walked away if i was on other end of one

but there is a difference with them both just ask the marshall i hit in the head with a pea frag as he walked up the stairs lol

At the last events I attended all grenades counted as frags, there was no differances between them in terms of effects, this is the first time Ian is trying the differant rules for drags and stun at this event

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,120 ✭✭✭moggser

yeah for the better it seems looking forward to this now should be a good event

Where I think the problem will be with grenades is with people not reading the rules (as usual). When the thrower and the target have different understandings of what device counts as what effect, that's when the poor marshals have to step in to mediate.

Ian says that the default rule will be to assume it's a frag. If in doubt, take a hit ...which is what I intended doing anyway. B0ll0cks to standing still for 10 seconds to be riddled by some assault team who never heard of trigger control.

OzCam wrote: »
    Where I think the problem will be with grenades is with people not reading the rules (as usual). When the thrower and the target have different understandings of what device counts as what effect, that's when the poor marshals have to step in to mediate.

Ian says that the default rule will be to assume it's a frag. If in doubt, take a hit ...which is what I intended doing anyway. B0ll0cks to standing still for 10 seconds to be riddled by some assault team who never heard of trigger control.

people not reading the rules is a big problem with anything like this, was one of the reason i linked to them earlier on, as it can cause all kinds of arguments

but i had the same thought, sod standing there for 10sec to get shot to pieces :) although i can see some interest application for hostage rescue and capturing targets if these types of missions are included or developed down the line within the story line

Egg...zackly :)

people not reading the rules is a big problem with anything like this, was one of the reason i linked to them earlier on, as it can cause all kinds of arguments

but i had the same thought, sod standing there for 10sec to get shot to pieces :) although i can see some interest application for hostage rescue and capturing targets if these types of missions are included or developed down the line within the story line

I think it's a great addition. The one thing that annoyed me about senny events was you saw lads fragging rom after room and that's that, there was no actual skill involved apart from getting a nade in the window (which some people had issues with even). So, I could walk into a building with 2-3 nades hung on my vest and clear the bottom floor on my own all at once with 3 quick throws.

This way you have to actually keep moving, get in, clear the room in 10 secs. It also gets rid of the lads appearing out of bushes, nading a room, then disappearing back in, to watch 2 or 3 lads exit the building.

gerrowadat wrote: »
    I think it's a great addition. The one thing that annoyed me about senny events was you saw lads fragging rom after room and that's that, there was no actual skill involved apart from getting a nade in the window (which some people had issues with even). So, I could walk into a building with 2-3 nades hung on my vest and clear the bottom floor on my own all at once with 3 quick throws.

This way you have to actually keep moving, get in, clear the room in 10 secs. It also gets rid of the lads appearing out of bushes, nading a room, then disappearing back in, to watch 2 or 3 lads exit the building.

not really going to stop that, and with the rules in regard to frags means its just as possible for a single person to clear a building if they had the skills to do so, can see most people running with frags tbh, personally don't see and issue with throwing them throw windows or into every room when clearing a bulding, both real world events so don;t see why they should not translate into airsoft

• Advertisement

not really going to stop that, and with the rules in regard to frags means its just as possible for a single person to clear a building if they had the skills to do so, can see most people running with frags tbh, personally don't see and issue with throwing them throw windows or into every room when clearing a bulding, both real world events so don;t see why they should not translate into airsoft

I reckon it'd only really work if you could only carry 2 frags with you or something. I actually only used thermos last time -- the frags/peas from the suppliers at the uprising were utter ****e, maybe 1 out of 5 worked.

I like the single thermobarics, but not the triple-bang ones. You can never be sure whether the damn things have finished going off. Maybe if the bangs were in rapid succession ;) but there's always someone shooting back... and then you lose count... and then you remember the cartoon with Dirty Harry meeting the Rain Man...

gerrowadat wrote: »
    I reckon it'd only really work if you could only carry 2 frags with you or something. I actually only used thermos last time -- the frags/peas from the suppliers at the uprising were utter ****e, maybe 1 out of 5 worked.

maybe i had a good batch, i found the ball grenades very reliable and a lot easier to throw over a distance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭P.K

maybe i had a good batch, i found the ball grenades very reliable and a lot easier to throw over a distance

likewise, only problem i had was i hadnt enough of them

the only issue i found was that because they slit is half there is a join and that join is a weakness, i found some people where storing there ball grenades in pockets and stuffed in generally tight spaces, this seemed to put pressure on them and lead to a far few breaking in half early

• Advertisement
Advertisement