Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TA Events - 2010 heads up

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Must remember to bring the tactical mortar with me. Perfect for ball-grenade d00m ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Lemming wrote: »
    Must remember to bring the tactical mortar with me. Perfect for ball-grenade d00m ;)

I'll bring me tennis racket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭extremetaz

dog ball thrower. ;)

extremetaz wrote: »
    dog ball thrower. ;)

You can get some seriously stupid range out of them, and they're the perfect size for ball grenades. Portable makeshift mortars at work :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭extremetaz

Lemming wrote: »
    You can get some seriously stupid range out of them, and they're the perfect size for ball grenades. Portable makeshift mortars at work :D

if I wasn't so terrified of nutting someone I might actually consider trying it. Reckon it would work insanely well!

Accuracy of course would be a whole other thing. :rolleyes:

extremetaz wrote: »
    if I wasn't so terrified of nutting someone I might actually consider trying it. Reckon it would work insanely well!

Accuracy of course would be a whole other thing. :rolleyes:

Accuracy isn't bad on them with a bit of practice. Only thing you have to watch for is someone going to to throw a grenade, not realising that they can roll off the back of the stick if tilted back at too steep an angle.

Self-fraggin' since ... well ... <insert date here>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 303 ✭✭fleecymanager

just got me multi cam gear....usa...usa....m16.....m16....:D..fleecy is goin'n marine.....hopefully if i can book me a place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭wormbyte

Hi guys,

Sorry Lemmin but projecting grenades through tubes is a no go mate. I know some games do it but I think its too much of a H&S risk.

The minimum age is 16. But if you are under 18 then you need to be with a guardian and wearing a full face mask.

Stun grenades could well be a contentious, but I pride myself on pushing the barriers for each game and if one does not give it a go then we will never know. But I will be covering it off during the safety briefing and giving an example of the sound of the two types of grenades.

And as you have already read....booking will start on the 20th March. :)

wormbyte wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Sorry Lemmin but projecting grenades through tubes is a no go mate. I know some games do it but I think its too much of a H&S risk.

It's a dogball thrower, no tubes or powder involved. Just some elbow-grease.

To be honest, I wouldn't bring it to a TA-Events game because it is sort of taking the p*ss using it given the effort taken to create a themed scenario. Only used it at a Stirling event in Whinney Hill to wind Dave Manning up after he did a spot of bragging.

Fair play mate.

Btw did it wind Dave up? :D

• Advertisement

Fair play mate.

Btw did it wind Dave up? :D

Oh god yes .... but more on that at another time. I wont write what happened here ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

Hey now baby get it right... it was me that had the dogball thrower and bag of grenades and it wasn't just Manhole... but ALL of team stirling that had thier arse handed to them one fine summer day ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

Hey all,

Im just wondering is it worth starting a roll call for this event.Booking time is getting close and it may be worth it to get an idea of numbers, chosen teams and routes.It may push people off the fence either way, and i just want to know.

Number of people: 3 confirmed (maybe upto 10)
    Team: Green
    Route: Rosslare

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

It'll probably be a better idea to do that when the tickets are released so people know for sure what team they are on ect., :)

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭delta-boy

We pick our teams when booking, right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

delta-boy wrote: »
    We pick our teams when booking, right?

yes, you select a side when booking your ticket

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Danin

lads really quick what is the ammo limit for a rifleman in sennybridge is it 600 rounds per day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 941 ✭✭✭AlternateID

Danin wrote: »
    lads really quick what is the ammo limit for a rifleman in sennybridge is it 600 rounds per day

The game only lasts 24hrs.

The rules:
    http://www.ta-events.co.uk/rules/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Danin

thanks mate just had someone on the phone and could not remember of hand plus didn't want to misinform

• Advertisement

as AlternateID linked the complete rules are on the ta events web site, as a rifleman you can only carry a total or 600 rounds at any one time and this is between your main and secondary pistol is you carry one, you can replace what you use when you repsawn or voluntarily going back to HQ
    Magazines and Ammunition Limits

Your initial ammunition load-out depends on your role as follows:
    Rifleman: 600 rounds in Magazines only.
    Sniper: 100 rounds of sniper ammunition in magazines only.
    Plus they may carry a side arm with the same ammo limits as a rifleman.
    Support Gunner: Upto 3000 Rounds of Ammunition in one boxmag.
    Grenadier: as per rifleman, with 6 MOSCART shells fully loaded.
    Medic: as per rifleman.

* You can reload at regen or return back to HQ at any time to reload again.
    * All roles may only carry a combination of 8 fragmentation grenades / smoke grenades at any one time!
    * There are no restrictions on the number of magazines you may carry.
    * If you have a weapon where lo-caps are unavailable, let us know. In general, we will ask you to block and/or mark your magazines and load no more than the limits above.

ALL AMMO SHOULD BE IN LO-CAPS OR MID-CAPS, with exception to support guns which can use box mags!

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭T Hillfiger

Then the time comes to book a place, how exactly do you do it?

Then the time comes to book a place, how exactly do you do it?

Keep an eye on this site. www.ta-events.co.uk

Hmm, is it bad that I might buy some MultiCam, just to join the Marine side? :D

Its just that I'm wondering what faction that everyone will be playing on?

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Fireborn

I wouldnt buy anything yet, there only like 30 marine places and you can bet half the people going would prefer to be marines.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭evilrobotshane

My observations would suggest that people with MultiCam and people who have a hard-on for marines because they kill everything they see are going to be trying to squeeze into the U.S. Marines faction. Lazy people who only own one set of camo, Russian military impersonators, normal people and devilishly handsome rogues called Shane will be going for the ChDKZ. Unfortunately it looks like the initial move to have an Irish platoon was scuppered by the introduction of MultiCam as a player option.

• Advertisement

people who have a hard-on for marines because they kill everything they see

In that case, someone might want to tell them that 'everything' includes each other ...
    /cough

Time to apply that old euphemism; "Friendly fire, isn't" :D

Yeah, I was also thinking about going to that side...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

K, since so many arnt going to berget this year, then i might give it a miss and make it to TA instead

Well it will be good to see you there Skatedude.

4 days until booking opens!

I am expecting a good response from our European comrades for this one, so it should be a true "international" event.

Bookings will open at 1 minute past midnight, so there can be no confusion as to when the bookings open. :D

FYI - the marine / Chernarus Defence Force numbers will be quite flexible. If I receive massive demand for the Marines force then I might be inclined to adjust the numbers accordingly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭deepimpact

*fingers crossed for Marines tickets*

Seriously looking forward to this Ian.

MFV.

• Advertisement

There will be of V and hopefully lots of MFV!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

If I receive massive demand for the Marines force then I might be inclined to adjust the numbers accordingly.

Considering the number of people over here who've bought MultiCam, I'd say that's quite likely :)

One organisational note: in the USMC, 4 Marines make a Fire Team, 3 teams make a Squad, and 3 Squads make a Platoon, which is 42 Marines (including the HQ element). So if there are >40 applicants for that faction it should be possible to use an authentic ORBAT. That might be interesting.

Please people, speak up about whose joining what teams!

3 days to booking, and I'd rather be with the Irish than some strangers in the UK! ;)

delta-boy wrote: »
    Please people, speak up about whose joining what teams!

3 days to booking, and I'd rather be with the Irish than some strangers in the UK! ;)

whole section on the hawks forum for people looking to travel and play together http://forum.hawksairsoft.com/viewforum.php?f=36

people from Ireland are playing on both sides

So the Hawks are playing on the Marine side?

as far as im aware from reading there forum yes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Yep, looking like 6-8 hawks plus 4-5 friends looking to go Marine. You're very welcome Delta (was talking to you at Red Hammer II there recently, happy to have you along).

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Fireborn

Is there going to be any other specifics for load out for the Marines other than multicam fatigues? What colour would their load bearing kit be etc?

Fireborn wrote: »
    Is there going to be any other specifics for load out for the Marines other than multicam fatigues? What colour would their load bearing kit be etc?

if your talking in terms of official ta event rules, then no there is no restriction on the colour of your loadbearing

if your placing self imposed restrictions due to theme then that us up to the individual/team, considering your running multicam the realism of the marines is out from the start, but personally i would try to stick to tan/CB loadbearing if you can

Fireborn wrote: »
    wormbyte wrote:
    No. Like all previous events, your clothing has to match the BDU requirements but your webbing/chest rigs etc do not.

Everyone planning on attending needs to read up on all the info available here
    http://www.ta-events.co.uk/events/battlesim/cc1/?utm_source=TA+Website&amp;utm_medium=Link&amp;utm_content=Next+Event&amp;utm_campaign=CC1

Next read up on the rules here
    http://www.ta-events.co.uk/rules/

And finally register on the forum here
    http://www.ta-events.co.uk/forum/index.php?

On the forum is a Q&A section that answers just about anything you can think of. If you still have questions post them in that forum. Ian will quickly respond.

• Advertisement

have to agree with AlternateID, most of the questions being asked over the last few weeks are covered in ian extensive rules on the ta events website, which is a little worrying at time as everyone thinking about going should have read them to see if this experiance if for them, also there is an extensive question and answers section on the ta events forums http://www.ta-events.co.uk/forum/index.php?showforum=77

Thanks Gerrow. :D

My god, that confirmation code script on the hawks site is horrible, took hundreds of retries to get one i could actually make out

Any lifts still available by any chance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 913 ✭✭✭fayer

Skatedude wrote: »
    My god, that confirmation code script on the hawks site is horrible, took hundreds of retries to get one i could actually make out

fail-owned-basic-skill-fail.jpg

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭markomongo

Me and at least four others are opting for the Chernarussian Movement of the Red Star faction (ChDKZ). Looks like alot from this side of the pond interested at least.
    Waiting on my credit card to come through to upgrade the kit too. Exciting/expensive times!

I also agree with Pudings last post...people should really get the finger out before signing up for an event like this. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

Have me + 1 for deffo, think we are going to have to go multicam ( damm you defenderdude)

markomongo wrote: »
    Me and at least four others are opting for the Chernarussian Movement of the Red Star faction (ChDKZ). Looks like alot from this side of the pond interested at least.
    Waiting on my credit card to come through to upgrade the kit too. Exciting/expensive times!

I also agree with Pudings last post...people should really get the finger out before signing up for an event like this. :pac:

Will be joining you, we have a Russian themed group attending

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭conor-mr2

No matter what side one goes one I have to say its great to see such a response from this side of the pond for Senny.

Anyone who hasnt been is gonna have a ball.
    Absolutely nothing beat roaming around the village at 3am in the morning and hanging around Building 22 looking out into the pitch dark forest. There's a real Blair witch feel to being on the bottom floor of 22 and looking out the door into that forest. Especially with the large microphone blasting the sound of the wind howling.
    Also the pyrotechincs are great. Definately grab some pyro as its so much fun storming a building with flashbangs and grenades going off.

And I also second AlternateIDs/Pudings advice... read the TA Events site.
    This is not your average skirmish.
    But if its anyones first time you'll have an excellent time.

• Advertisement

In that case, the ChDKZ might be a good option, money wise.

Advertisement