Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TA Events - 2010 heads up

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 471 ✭✭roryk1

3 HOURS 15 MINUTES:D:):D TICKETSSSSS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭deepimpact

12 minutes to go before ticket bookings open.

13 minutes until I order a ****-load of Multicam kit and sundries.

*I'm now willing gerrout's interweb access faster*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 256 ✭✭Jimkil

got one ye ha!!!!:D

Can I just say Oorah to my fellow Marines.

*Places order for moar Multicam. Shaves head.

Thanks gerrout. Bikkies and a pint are owed to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Fireborn

Just popped in a marine corp ticket :D oorah!

Sam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭DICEMAN7

+1 thanks dave

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

It looks like people can pay their own deposits with paypal. Let me know via PM if yis want to do that. I'll sort people on my booking for deposits if they want to pay me later.

i got IT WOOO WOOO:D:):D:) FIRST EVENT SO LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS :)

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Fireborn

roryk1 wrote: »
    i got IT WOOO WOOO:D:):D:) FIRST EVENT SO LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS :)

Same :D:D

:Dim looking forward to this so many people to shoot at and to get shot by:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,609 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

booked in , team red badger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

2 more booked under redbadger, see you there guys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

Ferry booked, its on now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭wormbyte

Thanks for you bookings lads.

According to the database, I have 57 players coming from Ireland....that is impressive!

I did have to adjust the USMC number to virtually balance out with the Government forces due to demand.

Thanks again guys!

wormbyte wrote: »
    Thanks for you bookings lads.

According to the database, I have 57 players coming from Ireland....that is impressive!

I did have to adjust the USMC number to virtually balance out with the Government forces due to demand.

Thanks again guys!

great to hear you had such a good response

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭coys

57!?!? fair play folks!! all I have to say is Semper Fi!! wonder how many of us paddies are going marines???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 256 ✭✭Jimkil

Anyone looking for a lift? Leaving from Portmarnock and can collect on way to ferry. 2 places and room for loads of gear.

Also it would be nice to get all 57 and block book a venue soon for a face off and to share info about the event rules and gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭delta-boy

What is this team Red Badger? :D

delta-boy wrote: »
    What is this team Red Badger? :D

i take it you do not have signatures on :p

Silly me. :o

Are you a Ruskie themed team? If so, I dont suppose I could join you in Wales, I mean in a section/squad with you's, as I have a feeling I'll be placed in with randoms lol...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Bahhhhh cant book till tomorrow :o:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭BioHazRd

Tigers all signed up - we are going as ChDKZ forces

I have a spare seat in my car now due to unforeseen circumstances, if anyone's interested?

I'll be travelling from Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 303 ✭✭fleecymanager

righty o...have me ticket(CHEERS DAVE) have me multi cam, black vest (i know but its all have at the min) now what to do about fire power eg .my main gun i have a TM M16 or do i go with somthing shorter i have a sig 552 which will be better for the type of fire fight in senny, :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭conor-mr2

righty o...have me ticket(CHEERS DAVE) have me multi cam, black vest (i know but its all have at the min) now what to do about fire power eg .my main gun i have a TM M16 or do i go with somthing shorter i have a sig 552 which will be better for the type of fire fight in senny, :confused:

My advice... bring both if space permits.
    Last year I took a TM VSR, my G&G M4 and my CAG36C.

The last thing you want is for your only gun to pack it in and to not have a replacement that you can pick up straightaway and keep playing.

HTH

Yeah, definitely bring two guns and a sidearm.

I'll be rocking the GBB co2 416, with an AEG 416 as a backup, and possibly a shotty for a while if I can find a scabbard.

Well according to my records that number has now up to 66 players! Good going guys...:D

As for OzCams comments on the forum. Although it would be more realistic to have the USMC formation in fireteams and squads, it is unlikely we will implement this.

Reason being:

Keeping an ORBAT intact after first contact can be a nightmare at the best of times but even more so with such small units.

Many players will not be familiar with this structure as 8 man sections/squads or more often used.

I always like to have a 4 watt game radio at the lowest unit level and such a formation will quadruple the amount of game radios needed. Which no only has a huge financial impact but will also create too much chatter on the net.

As always there is a fine balance between realism, practicality and gameplay.

Fooking roll on May!

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭jinko

looking forward to this one

my curse struck again i book my place and the TA mail server crashed :o:o:o

super effort from Ian though phone and email alot of people can learn about true customer service ,:D

roll on may:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

K, marine ticket booked,
    However, with over 60 peops going, whats the possiblilty of renting a coach? not sure if its even practical but worth looking into?

Ps, pm'd you Jimkill for a possible lift

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

K, marines uniform is multicam, does that mean desert multicam or can you use us woodland/digital dpm(pretty much identical)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭evilrobotshane

You're thinking of MARPAT (which would of course make sense). Multicam isn't a digital camo, it's its own thing and there's only one flavour of it. Hope you've still got some credit card left. :)

You're thinking of MARPAT (which would of course make sense). Multicam isn't a digital camo, it's its own thing and there's only one flavour of it. Hope you've still got some credit card left. :)

Actually, I saw digital multicam in a surplus place in california once. Even I wouldn't.

gerrowadat wrote: »
    Actually, I saw digital multicam in a surplus place in california once. Even I wouldn't.

ive seen it too posted not a pretty sight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

Ditto. Ditto. Not nice at all - blocking Multicam just makes it look awful (and removes the fades, and 1/2 of it's effectiveness). I guess somebody thought they could sell it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 913 ✭✭✭fayer

This from the man that bought the MultiCam dog bed! (He dosent have a dog)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,120 ✭✭✭moggser

fayer wrote: »
    This from the man that bought the MultiCam god bed! (He dosent have a dog)

or a god?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

If God had a duvet cover, it would be MultiCam.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

OzCam wrote: »
    If God had a duvet cover, it would be MultiCam.

Only so Jay & Silent Bob could get two hours worth of film script out of mocking it. God wouldn't really need it since .. well ... he/she/it is God.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Would that not be just Jay then?...

• Advertisement

Why cant I get into the sub-forums in the TA-Events forums?

My password isnt accepted. d:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Masada wrote: »
    Would that not be just Jay then?...

No. Jay would mock it for one hour 55 minutes, then Silent Bob would look like he's about to say something profound and everyone watching holds their breath. Then he'll just shrug his shoulders and go "mmmmh" and Jay will editorialise as only Jay can for the last three minutes.

delta-boy wrote: »
    Why cant I get into the sub-forums in the TA-Events forums?

My password isnt accepted. d:

Best bet is to drop Ian a pm over at the ta forum

Is it meant to be our player references, or passwords?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭evilrobotshane

Well, you're already signed up to the main forum. For your faction sub-forum, you'll have received an email entitled "Event Deposit Payment received" that has another password for that. (or at least that's how it went with me, and it was the second such entitled email that contained this)

If you aren't getting the emails (like if someone else bought the ticket or something, maybe) then hunt down whoever is! Or if you haven't paid yet, do that.

there was a slight hiccup with the mail server yesterday ,so your confirmation emails maybe delayed

We experienced some technical difficulties with our mail server yesterday which caused two bookings to go tits up.

This same issue might of also effect anyone who made deposit payments yesterday, as our system sends out payment acknowledgements. These payment emails would have included the password to your private forum area.

I have just re-created one of the bookings and informed the owner via pm on my forum.

The other booking I have just re-created is for Shane Sweeney.

Contact me guys if you have any further problems.

PS. If there is anyone that paid yesterday via paypal and did not get an email then let me know at paypal@ta-events.co.uk and I will check to see if your payment was processed and send you the private forum password.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭markomongo

wormbyte wrote: »
    a.

I have just re-created one of the bookings and informed the owner via pm on my forum.

The other booking I have just re-created is for Shane Sweeney.

Contact me guys if you have any further problems.

I will contact Shane and let him know as hes a friend of mine that has limited internet access. Cheers Ian.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 303 ✭✭fleecymanager

now back to mocking dave about his multicam..... SPEEDOS ....yes you read it right....this post was not put up by fleecy but by someone who broke into my house, who knows dave and hacked my computer system and then...then....mmmmm.....ye got my pass word to boards and then wrote this.......ye that sounds good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 941 ✭✭✭AlternateID

Try to keep an eye of the TA forum lads.

http://www.ta-events.co.uk/forum/index.php

Ian has posted up the Order of Battle so you can see what Section you are in. Instructions are also there if you want to change Section.

• Advertisement
Advertisement