Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is it possible to send text from fake number/pretend its some elses number

• 01-12-2009 1:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi,
    It this type of thing possible?
    To send a text from your computer/phone and pretend it came from someone elses number?

reason i ask...
    I received a text(blank message) from an xfriend, but i am beginning to think smoeone else sent the text and entered xfriend's number as the sender

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭EI111

it is in america for sure, so there is probably a way to do it here.

http://spoofcard.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭actuallylike

If you get magicbluehack you can send texts and call people using your own phone but coming from someone else's phone. You have to pair the phone you want to 'hack' first through bluetooth (easy) and you can only use the 'hacked' phone while in bluetooth range.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

It is technically possible to to fake the sender's MSISDN (mobile number), however most SMS gateway providers have, for some time now, curtailed or completely blocked the ability for people to set this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

perfect1 wrote: »
    Hi,
    It this type of thing possible?
    To send a text from your computer/phone and pretend it came from someone elses number?

reason i ask...
    I received a text(blank message) from an xfriend, but i am beginning to think smoeone else sent the text and entered xfriend's number as the sender

Are you sure it wasn't accidentally sent? Phone lock left off. I once received over 50 blank messages from a client who had left is phone lock off and was sitting on his phone.

Of course somebody else could have sent it as a wind up.

Advertisement