Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

buying a camera with insurance

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

I'm not sure if you can buy insurance to cover everything you mentioned from the same place where you buy the camera, maybe buy the camera and then contact your insurer for your house insurance (if you have house insurance) and see if it can be added to that. That's what I did with my D80.

oh, and don't buy from Pixmania unless you want grief * 1000.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Hi,

If you have contents insurance in your house/apartment it might work out cheaper to add it to that. I bought a camera and laptop a while ago. It would have cost be well over €100 to buy insurance but only €0.50 extra on my insurance.

It covers loss anywhere/ damage and theft.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 daisy boo boo

hey gang

hoe yer all well.

i wish to buy a PANASONIC Lumix DMC-TZ7 Black Compact Digital Camera.

http://www.pixmania.co.uk/uk/uk/2708766/art/panasonic/lumix-dmc-tz7-black-compa.html

I am wondering if I can buy this camera online, with around 2+ years insurance/ warranty that will cover against everything, including accidental damage, etc.

thanks very much

ed
    you can buy in argos and insure for 3 years in store:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭E.T.

I bought this camera last month from an ebay seller in the UK (did loads of googling, seller got great reviews on lots of camera fora and websites)- well over €200 cheaper than Argos - still in shock at the rip off prices here. It's very good - the only problem I've had and you should be aware of is the video records in a very random format that can only be played with Panasonic's own software - found out after a few tries that you can change the recording format yourself.

Advertisement