Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

San Antonio

• 01-12-2009 2:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭

Hey guys was wondering does anybody have tips on what to do in the evenings in San Antonio?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 181 ✭✭hoser expat

Riverwalk.....everywhere else is dead, suburban, or crime-ridden. Seriously, stick to Riverwalk.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 MedlyObsidian

As a native Texan who lives less than an hour from San Antonio, I would mostly agree with the suggestion of sticking to the riverwalk, especially if you're heading there before December is up.

Crime is a problem, but if you're willing to take the same chances you would in any urban environment, there are plenty of bars and clubs in the downtown area (But if that's your scene I'd highly suggest making the detour to Austin). There's also basketball if you have the interest, timing, and funds. (Go Spurs!)

Mostly it depends on the type of thing you're interested in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭koHd

Have a nice sleep. I always find that works out well in the evenings no matter what part of the world you're at.

koHd wrote: »
    Have a nice sleep. I always find that works out well in the evenings no matter what part of the world you're at.

You may be on to something! And in my honest opinion, that probably is the best thing to do in San Antone'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭koHd

You may be on to something! And in my honest opinion, that probably is the best thing to do in San Antone'

heh is it that bad!?

• Advertisement

koHd wrote: »
    heh is it that bad!?

I'd say I'm biased, but most of my friends who lived there don't particularly like it. The general consensus of people I know is that there's not much to do, but my family and I are going down for the riverwalk in a few weeks. Austin is just more fun for younger folks.

Advertisement