Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Developments making an offer

Options
  • 01-12-2009 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭

Whats peoples experience of dealings with new developments and making an offer are the builders dropping as much as if you would view a second hand place or do they tick pretty much to the price in the Brochure?:eek:

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

why dont you ask and see?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Oliver1985

I will dude ! But was just looking for a bit of info from peoples goings on with builders!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

They don't seem to be dropping as much as second hand houses....made an offer of €260k on a house advertised for €315k, developer didn't bite. Made an offer of €250k on a house in a different development advertised at €275k, estate agent came back and said the developer wanted €270k. Further negotiations went nowhere. I suppose it's different for every developer what they are/aren't willing to accept.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 759 ✭✭✭mrgaa1

In my view developments are as low as they are going to get before the banks take them over. The banks do not want to firesale them as their write-off is then much larger. IMO we are at the bottom but we don't know this yet until early next year when we look back and say the bottom of the market was late 2009.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

mrgaa1 wrote: »
    IMO we are at the bottom but we don't know this yet until early next year when we look back and say the bottom of the market was late 2009.

You heard it here first folks, and no this is completely different to the bottoms called in jan,feb,march,apr,may etc.

But dont worry if you still think property is too expensive, there'll be another bottom next month and the month after, and the month after,and the month after,and the month after,and the month after,and the month after,and the month after,and the month after,and the month after,and the month after,and the month after,and the month after,and the month after,and the month after,and the month after,and the month after,and the month after,and the month after,and the month after,and the month after,and the month after,and the month after,and the month after,and the month after,and the month after,and the month after,and the month after, right up to 2012 when prices are stable and much lower than todays bottom.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 686 ✭✭✭bangersandmash

IMO we are at the bottom but we don't know this yet until early next year when we look back and say the bottom of the market was late 2009.
    Were you not saying this last June? If you keep posting it do you think that it will make it true?

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Victor McDade

Were you not saying this last June? If you keep posting it do you think that it will make it true?

One day, a few years from now, it'll be spot on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Sorry can't stay long, must rush out and buy! :P

mrgaa1 ,did you tell the investors of the magical news you have? http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2009/1201/breaking57.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 759 ✭✭✭mrgaa1

As I said its my opinion. I am entitled to what I think just as everyone else has their opinion. If i'm wrong I'm wrong. If others opinions are wrong they are wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Just some people are wrong-er than others;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

As I said its my opinion. I am entitled to what I think just as everyone else has their opinion. If i'm wrong I'm wrong. If others opinions are wrong they are wrong.

You're wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭Duckjob

the wrong is getting wrongier

Advertisement