Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raider looking for a casual guild

Options
  • 01-12-2009 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭

Evening - wondering if any of you folk would know of a casual guild that I could join on an alt? Background is this - I'm the RL for a 25 man guild that is 3/5 ToGC and counting. This takes up quite a bit of my evening time, as do the 10 man raiders in the guild which I manage. We have 25 and 10 man ranks within the guild - kinda like A and B teams I suppose with people being promoted from 10 to 25 when spaces open who know our tactics and are reasonably well geared. So, much time is spent on this, however I would like an escape from that at time (1-2 evenings a week and some additional time at the weekend) as if I play on my home realm during 'non-raiding' times I tend to get dragged into whatever the guild emo drama of the time is. Don't get me wrong - I like and respect the vast majority of our members but some are a little...high maintenance :P

So, what I'm hoping to find is a mature guild with fairly relaxed attendance requirements. I can offer myself as a player with a high level of knowledge regarding all the content in the game (been a RL since MC), a good sense of humour, willingness to help out others and enough sense to know when I shouldn't attempt something (trying to get a spot in a high end raid with my alts gear would just be silly for example).

If anyone can offer a suggestion of a guild/faction/realm I'll be happy to post a proper application if needed and thanks in advance for any suggestions you can offer :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭papajimsmooth

Why dont you just step down as RL in your own guild?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭W1llz0rz

Hey there,

I'm in a very friendly casual guild on Frostmane called Thwack.

We are all people who used to be pretty hardcore but need something more casual now, just to have fun and have a laugh.

We have lots of ex-hardcore raiders, and also people who have come back to the game, or even just started the game.

It's a great fun guild, we do lots of heroics and raid if there's enough people that want to, there's no pressure on anything.

Address is http://thwack.guildportal.com. Just have a look at the other applications, they like to hear more about you than your WoW experiences etc, and we always welcome new members :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

www.blade-runners.eu

Horde on Terenas (EU). We currently got 5/5 on TOC 25 man,4/5 TOGC 10 man. Is really a casual guild but we do raid quiet often. Got 2 25 mans goin but its not like ppl have to attend all the time,or at all, but some of us do :) And any contributions on tactics are always welcome :) 25 Mans are run with another similar guild on the server.

So anyone is welcome really as long as over 18 and mature attitude. All's friendly and more or less filtered anyone with unwanted attitudes through the initiate stage of a application.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Evac101

Heya Papa, sorry if I gave the impression that I dislike my RL position, when we succeed in a new tactic or a new boss I derive a lot of satisfaction from my involvement at that level. What I don't enjoy (in any aspect of my life) is petty politics and 'he said, she said' type bickering and that's what I'm trying to avoid outside of raiding, since my guildies know me well enough to know not to try to bring that type of stuff up during raids ;)

Thank you both W1llz0rz and Berns for the information - it's appreciated :) Currently looking at both guild websites although, having played for the last four years on a PvP realm where we are heavily outnumbered (~6:1) the idea of playing on a normal realm has acquired a certain charm in my eyes..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Seem's to be more alliance than horde on our realm :( But it is a pve realm. So WG can be tuff at times but grand other than that :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭W1llz0rz

Yeah our realm is PvP, its very close to 1:1 also which is good fun.

Forgot to mention we're also an adult only guild!

If you're planning leveling an alt there's always either another person on around the same level, and people are always happy to help out with boosts etc. I leveled alts there and the ganking is not a problem, rarely happens until the first few levels of Outland then it stops again, that's just my experience anyway :)

But yeah we've been getting a lot of applications and there is almost always a raid going, and never any pressure to join which I love :D

Advertisement