If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interested in 40" and 26" lcd tvs

Options
  • 01-12-2009 2:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hey wondering if I could get some prices or recommendations on some tvs.

Having been looking for a 40-42" lcd tv and have narrowed down to these:

Sony kdl40W5500
    Samsung le40B650

also maybe the

LG 42LH5000
    Philips 42PFL7404

But haven't given these a good look over yet.

Would also need 2 26" tvs. Any recommendations for these and prices?

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi Gallus

I maybe a little biased towards the Philips brand (But then i'd have a LOT of Boardies standing right beside me as well:))

I'd recommend you call into us and check out the Philips 42PFL7404/8404
    These are FANTASTIC TV's and have been a huge hit with your fellow Boardies.

We sell the 42PFL7404 for €949.99 in store so with your 10% Philips SHop Boards Discount it can be yours for €854.99

The 8 series TV is exactly the same but with tye addition of NET TV and AMBILIGHT, the 42" version retails for €999.99 so after your 10% Philips SHop Boards Discount you can have this for only €899.99.

We also have the rather nice 26PFL3404 that retails for €399.99 and after your
    10% Philips SHop Boards Discount its yours for €359.99

I have ALL These and many more on display.

Do you have any set of features you'd desire in your main TV?
    If you let me know I'll suggest a few options for you.

Cheers
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Gallus

Thanks for the reply.
    I will have a look at the philips better.

Would it be possible to get a quote on the other tvs. Some rep from the Belfast store maybe?

As for the two 26", they both will primarily be used with SD stations. One for a bedroom and the other wall mounted in a kitchen. A mpeg4 tuner in the one for the kitchen could be handy as there is little room for a set top box, but its not a necessity.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Gallus wrote: »
    Hey wondering if I could get some prices or recommendations on some tvs.

Having been looking for a 40-42" lcd tv and have narrowed down to these:

Sony kdl40W5500
    Samsung le40B650

also maybe the

LG 42LH5000
    Philips 42PFL7404

But haven't given these a good look over yet.

Would also need 2 26" tvs. Any recommendations for these and prices?

Thanks for any help.

Gallus,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

Ok the 40KDL5500 is currently £699.95 / €799.99 - however it's in really short supply and is an instore purchase only - the 42LH5000 is £649.95 / €739.99 and to be fair is an excellent TV - however whilst I see Ash has quoted you on the 42PFL7404 if you could go an extra bit (Ok quite an extra bit :o) the 42PFL8404 really is the dogs dangly bits - and at €999.99 less your Philips Shop 10% Boardie discount it comes to just €899.99 / £799 - and this includes a 4 year warranty - the main difference over the 7404 is that it has AMBILIGHT and even better it also has NETTV which allows you to browse the web on your screen using your TV remote (it works really well) and it's not just limited to restricted sites - you can access the web properly! Its also mega value in Ireland compared to the UK pricing - check it out here: http://www.pricerunner.co.uk/pl/2-1222798/TVs/Philips-42PFL8404H-Compare-Prices?ref=redirect&q=42pfl8404&search=42pfl8404&other_hits=;;;&sort=4

On the 26" front - I would recommend the LG 26LG3050 at £299.95 / €329.99 it's a super TV - quite a high quality build and excellent picture quality.

Anyway apologies for rambling on for so long - please drop me a line if I can assist in any way and keep me posted if you would like me to reserve anything for you,

ATB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Gallus

Hey thanks for the reply and ramble away, more info for me.

Just on the philips 42pfl8404/7404 sets, the only differences is the ambilight and nettv. The panel/processor are the same?

Also do you have a price for the samsung le40b650?

One more question, how much would shipping be? Is it a flat rate per tv or weight dependent?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi Gallus

Yep the 7 and 8 series are EXACTLY the same TV, the only difference is the addition of Ambilight and NET TV functions on the 8 series that John pointed out.

Cheers
    Ash

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.