Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbourhood Door-To-Door Scams

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 being scamed

AdMMM wrote: »
    You might want to try the right prefix which is 1850... and perhaps watch a few episodes of Sherlock Holmes to help improve your investigative work.

Airtricity scam, reported to garda

ok still same
    1850 40 40 80 air side motor
    1850 81 81 10 food process company ,

pls also help us find the company by offering the CRO reg number (CRO.ie Irish Company registration number), head office address, and landline so we can pass on to the gardai to investivate.

pls also forward us Airtricity's irish goverent regulaton licese number if this company run gas electricty business , You must have this one of this thing.

written being scammed

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭luketitz

Just for your information about those sales people, they all come from different "Marketing Companies" the services they sell are indeed legit however the business structure is very Ponzi, they offer a "Multi Level Marketing" presentation to you that is to say they take in people with no experience put them out in the field and they get commission for their forms - 26 euro for a gas and electricity application an for a single application 14 euro, they knock on residents doors and try to offer the service to them they do this for about 8 hours a day it's very tiring and it costs to get around, I watched someone work their first day and made nothing.

This goes on for about 3 - 5 weeks they then move up to a Trainer Manager position where you train people up exactly they way you were taught when you first start, commission based still and it goes up a little more with experience and this lasts for about 4 - 8 months.

Then you have an Assistant Manager position which becomes more office based/finance/legal and you shadow the manager and motivate people, this goes for 2 - 3 months.

You then eventually make it to the top and become a Manager and set up an office and repeat the same process. They call it a 4 year management program that is pushed into a year.

Now I went for an interview out on the field for a place called Impala Direct LTD and I turned it down because everything is COMMISSION based it has to be the biggest pyramid scheme I have ever seen in my life. they want to set up 500 offices with a 1000 Managers and NONE OF IT IS SALARY BASED it is all commission.

They are hundreds of these places claiming this bull****. please if you choose to work for these kinds of firms be aware there have been hundreds of these businesses and they all fail.

My better half is back on the prowl for jobs after childbirth and after a machine-gun CV attack on various jobs sites for a decent sales job, this is her only solid lead to date.. from IMPALA DIRECT, funnily enough! Needless to say she will not be attending this interview! Notice the subtlety of the opening line.. 'Dear Interview!' How do some people fall for this?!

Dear Interview
    Following our conversation, this email confirms your interview and provides directions.
    During this preliminary interview you will be asked to fill in a brief application form. You will then have an informal chat with one of the managers where you will be asked to provide an insight into your previous roles and explain how your experience could benefit our company. The manager will also give you a brief history of the company, our clients and the services we provide.
    Directions: If you make your way to the Spire on O'Connell Street you will see Henry Street. Walk along Henry Street to the very end and you will see an AIB Bank in front of you. This is Capel Street. Turn left and walk down Capel Street towards the Quays, we are number 27, right next door to a Polish shop called Polesmack. Should you have any difficulties attending your interview please contact us on 01 8729841.

We look forward to meeting you!

Kind regards,

Sarah King
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]
    [/FONT]
    27 Capel St
    Dublin 1
    http://maps.google.com/maps/place?hl=en&biw=1280&bih=677&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=impala+direct+dublin&fb=1&hq=impala+direct&hnear=Dublin,+Co.+Fingal,+Ireland&cid=3566240769965807120

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ladyworksalot

I got the exact same email as the one above today! Defo won't be going for that interview, thankfully my name is "interview" so I didn't spot their error :D

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭luketitz

It's a strange monikor you have for someone named 'interview'! I would've though you didn't work a lot at all with a name like that, constantly being interviewed, yet never actually getting the job!

Perhaps Impala Direct is the solution to all your woes! (doubt it though!)

(100th post wahaay)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Resend

arooaro0 wrote: »
    I work for a marketing company on behalf of aiftricity and it is 100% not a get rich quick scheme nor a scam. I pull off two to three houndred regularly due to training but wen i dont train people and focus on offering cheaper electricity i would make between six houndred and a grand. Im 19 and was sceptic at first but when i found that it was performance based i kknew the harder i worked the more i made and i was sick of working harder dan evryone nd getn a crap wage.

im sure some of you have had a job wer u worked harder dan the waster that always had smoke brakes bu he got more hours nd pay more or d same. Dats the benifits of this job.

if ur nt gna work hard then yeh we dont want u cz then ud just waste our time training u cz wer all building our own business because if u put the effort in u can be make 100k a year regularly when u reach ownership stage and theirs guys that get ther in les than a yearb huever said they often fail when they hit that posistion then their stupid ha cause how can a business fail when it has no expences other than rent haha want any info P.m me
    is there any training in spelling?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Resend

ziedth wrote: »
    I may also have magic beans for sale, will accept a healthy cow ONO........

PM for further details.
    could i have some on a trial period, no calf no fee?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭cakeisgood

Guys, thanks so much for informing me about Impala Direct. I had an interview with them on Fri and am fuming reading this. At no time in the job advert (which is still on jobs.ie by the way) was I informed it would be commission based. On the advert it says salary is DOE (Depending on experience) Was ment to go to the second stage on Tuesday but am not going now. You guys have saved me and my feet a pointless day traipsing around going door to door WITH NO POSSIBILITY OF A SALARY AT THE END OF IT

I am going to ring them on Tuesday, I want verbal confirmation from them that its commission based and I once I have that I am going to the asai as it is blatant false advertising. They have been pulled up by the asai before (this is the 2nd thread relating to the company that found here)

Am upset as I am desperate for work and this got my hopes up.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 lizzyxox08

arooaro0 wrote: »
    I work for a marketing company on behalf of aiftricity and it is 100% not a get rich quick scheme nor a scam. I pull off two to three houndred regularly due to training but wen i dont train people and focus on offering cheaper electricity i would make between six houndred and a grand. Im 19 and was sceptic at first but when i found that it was performance based i kknew the harder i worked the more i made and i was sick of working harder dan evryone nd getn a crap wage.

im sure some of you have had a job wer u worked harder dan the waster that always had smoke brakes bu he got more hours nd pay more or d same. Dats the benifits of this job.

if ur nt gna work hard then yeh we dont want u cz then ud just waste our time training u cz wer all building our own business because if u put the effort in u can be make 100k a year regularly when u reach ownership stage and theirs guys that get ther in les than a yearb huever said they often fail when they hit that posistion then their stupid ha cause how can a business fail when it has no expences other than rent haha want any info P.m me

Just as a matter of interest, are you still working there, or have you seen the light?? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 galatyss

shapez wrote: »
    I have it under good authority that the Airtricity door calling is a scam. Why would an "employee" of Airtricity call to a house that all ready is signed up with Airtricity? A basic Excel spreadsheet on their system should tell you exactly who are account holders.

There is another scam whereby a well-dressed male is targeting elderly people in the county. He poses as the local Super Intendant from the Garda Station, using his name and a fake ID. Explains to the victim that they should consider putting the cash they have stored in their house into safety deposit boxes. He earns their trust, they give him all their cash and never see it again.

I think you are a little naive if you start to trust someone that just showed you a piece of ID that can be very easily made or replicated. Would you part with your bank and credit card details after you let them into your house?

So folks, if you can contribute, great.

The real Airtricity salesmen/women have an ID badge (attached to a piece of Airtricity merchandize) with THE COMPANY NUMBER too, so that the customer can call that number right in that moment if he/she thinks those people are fraudulent.
    If there's no number at all, just a piece of well done plastified paper and the name with a good looking pic, and those people let them in the house, it's probably because... well, stupid. Let's face it: if we have these kind of situations is also because most people are stupid. Have you ever seen the movie Idiocracy?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 galatyss

By the way, any kind of door to door sale has that kind of puch factor. But what I noticed is that people just like complaining only when they've lost something, generally money.
    No one would complain of a high bill as long as they have lots of money. (I'm not generalizing, it's statistics).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

galatyss wrote: »
    The real Airtricity salesmen/women have an ID badge (attached to a piece of Airtricity merchandize) with THE COMPANY NUMBER too, so that the customer can call that number right in that moment if he/she thinks those people are fraudulent.
    If there's no number at all, just a piece of well done plastified paper and the name with a good looking pic, and those people let them in the house, it's probably because... well, stupid. Let's face it: if we have these kind of situations is also because most people are stupid. Have you ever seen the movie Idiocracy?

The "real" ID you speak off can very easily be falsified, its not like its some official government id like a passport we're talking about.

:rolleyes:

Advertisement