Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 UK PAYG = Sim Free ?

• 01-12-2009 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭

Howdie,

Last year I bought a SE C902 from Phones 4 U in Belfast on O2 PAYG. The sales assistant told me that although the phone was branded O2, once I purchased an O2 sim card and £20 of call credit, I could use the phone with my Meteor PAYG sim card. I got the phone there and then and we've had a great relationship since then.

However, in this thead I've said I'm looking for a change of scenery and have been considering the SE X2, Nokia N900 etc

Recently have been re-considering an iPhone, so have been wondering can I buy the iPhone on O2 UK and use my Meteor sim card in it back home ?

(I know I could swap to O2 PAYG here for the same price but I quite like Meteor and I don't wnt to go unlocking the iPhone then having to avoid updates etc whilst waiting for the phone to be unlocked again.)

Comments

Advertisement