Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RDS, Anlgesea Road, Main Hall... Parking

Options
  • 01-12-2009 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭

Is there parking near the RDS for these exams? or would I be better off getting a bus out?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Zuffer

The SU have suggested parking in UCD for free and getting their bus to the RDS.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭lebowskilite

Yeh I'd get the bus, leaves from the car park by St. Stephen's <building> where the express buses usually leave from. There's one every half an hour I think. Leave an hour before your exam you're guaranteed to get there, half an hour would be cutting it fine but possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Cheers for the replies!

Zuffer wrote: »
    The SU have suggested parking in UCD for free and getting their bus to the RDS.

Eh, would it be handy to get parking in UCD or would it be as busy as usual?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

I came in this morning at around half 10 ish and there was still a reasonable amount of parking available. I dunno if it filled up after that though... if you've a moring exam you'll have no prob finding parking. If your exam is in the afternoon/evening then maybe come in before lunch and you wont have trouble finding a place, I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭moretothegirl

Cheers for the replies!

you will notice that at the start of the week its still fairly busy, but as days go by it gets quieter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Chilli Con Kearney

Hi all

Are the exams in the "Main Hall" or the "Simmonscourt"? When i did my degree they were all in the Simmonscourt, but now am hearing the main hall. Is this true? The hall where the exhibitions are usually on? RDS must be hard up for business so??

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Fidge9 wrote: »
    Hi all

Are the exams in the "Main Hall" or the "Simmonscourt"? When i did my degree they were all in the Simmonscourt, but now am hearing the main hall. Is this true? The hall where the exhibitions are usually on? RDS must be hard up for business so??

Cheers

Eh no. Christmas exams have been held in the Main Hall & Industries Hall for the last 4 years anyway and then Summer exams in Simmonscourt

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Chilli Con Kearney

Ive read some arrangements about parking last year. Is it still the same seet up? €5 per day? Can you pay on the day or does it need to be pre-paid?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

I'm fairly sure you pay there.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Ado86

You can pay on the day, but if you're going to be there every day of a particular week, either first or second week of exams, you can buy a weekly permit, cant remember exactly but I think it works out a little bit cheaper than paying every day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Sorry to drag this up but does anyone know if you can pay for parking, then leave after your exam and use the same ticket to come back later for another exam? Or do you have to pay twice? Thanks.

Advertisement