Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lens Rental Cork

• 01-12-2009 4:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭

Is this at all possible? I know Conns etc rent out lenses but anyone know of anywhere in Cork? Have a charity event in two days and my pelican case has been mislaid by Virgin Atlantic :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭daycent

Not that I know of. Denis MacSweeney don't and they are the main place in the city AFAIK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Tactical

Try giving Barker Photographic a call.

They don't rent gear but would certainly be the people to ask if they know of anyone providing this service.

(Mods please remove if not allowed to mention businesses.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

Thanks Tactical, gave them a bell but no luck unfortunately :( Nevertheless I'll figure something else out.

Any other ideas welcome!

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭kenwood

What kind of lens are you looking to rent?

Denis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

kenwood wrote: »
    What kind of lens are you looking to rent?

A 70-200 2.8 and a 24-70 2.8.

Barker Photographic rang me this morning and after realising I was a past customer offered me a loan of a 70-200 Sigma which I gladly accepted. The oh then gave me my birthday present; a 17-40L so I should manage to get by :)

It's still a pity that you can't do this outside of the capital. Rang around the photo shops in the city and their main excuse was they didn't have the stock to do it anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭kenwood

Ok your sorted then.

would have offered you the same if you were really caught.

Cheers

Denis

Advertisement