Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Morrowind :D

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Have you looked at what the mods for improving the graphics have done?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Damn, I really wish I hadn't watched that video - especially now that I have a laptop capable of running Morrowind with ease. I don't have enough time to get sucked back into it, but I think I'm gonna have to give it a go with those improved graphics mods.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I loved Morrowind when it came out as well. The feeling of vastness when you went for a walk in the countryside was amazing. I can't remember how many hours I put into it but I know it was a long time and I don't think I was anywhere near finishing it.

Here's someone completing it in 6 mins 49 seconds:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Great memories. Got it back in the summer of 03 i think. Really got sucked into it. Had the most fun modding it though. It was the first game i did any real modding on. It was jawdropping to put a door into the gameworld and create a little room of your own! I remember editing the book files to say whatever I wanted and really impressing a mate of mine when he tried out the mod by picking up a book from a shelf which refered to him by name! :D

Still have more affection for it than Oblivion.

Malice_ wrote: »
    I loved Morrowind when it came out as well. The feeling of vastness when you went for a walk in the countryside was amazing. I can't remember how many hours I put into it but I know it was a long time and I don't think I was anywhere near finishing it.

:eek: 6 months i spent at it before I got that far!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Thaedydal wrote: »

Im really considering reinstalling this again....

*looks on his shelf to see Morrowind, Tribunal and Blood moon* :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ghouldaddy07

One of my favorite games of all time, The soundtrack is class.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Thaedydal wrote: »

Wow any links for this mod?

Morrowind Graphics Extender.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/morrgraphext/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

Malice_ wrote: »

All that and not a single cliffracer, fair play.

And as said the above, the soundtrack to Morrowind is absolutely gorgeous. Much more so than Oblivion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Finally caved and bought a copy of this GOTY Edition of ebay as my xmas gift to myself, for the xbox. Loved oblivion, can't wait to get stuck into this one.

c-13.. Darkplace and Morrowind. We should definately be friends. lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭Lands Leaving

I wish I'd played oblivion BEFORE this, such a huge let down really. Too easy, too short, too little to do. And it was bigger than most games. But compared to morrowind, nothing comes close. I'm getting this back out ASAP now. Hope I can find my copy...

Can't really blame bethesda for wanting to make money out of the amount of work these games take, but I'd have loved if they'd added a hard mode or something like that to oblivion so the enemies don't level with you. I hate that system, although it worked ok in fallout 3 I'll admit, that seemed like a nice balance between the two extremes.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Can't really blame bethesda for wanting to make money out of the amount of work these games take, but I'd have loved if they'd added a hard mode or something like that to oblivion so the enemies don't level with you.
    They (and by they i mean the community, and this is assuming its on the pc :o) did, and its fan-****ing -tastic.
    http://jorgeoscuro.googlepages.com/oscuro%27soblivionoverloaddownloads
    although it worked ok in fallout 3 I'll admit, that seemed like a nice balance between the two extremes.
    Ah but enemies didnt level with you in Fallout 3. Or at least the enemies in an area you previously visited dont level up with you. The level of the area is set when you enter it for the 1st time, and stays at that level for the rest of the game, iirc.

Bought Fallout 3 and hated it.. Loved the Elder Scrolls series but it was too depressing a landscape in Fallout for me to keep playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭Wossack

alot of decent mods for oblivion, oscuro's oblivion overhaul for example

Is that a PC mod or an official release? Havn't played my Oblivion in a right while but would go back if there was a good 360 update.

Kiith wrote: »
    They (and by they i mean the community, and this is assuming its on the pc :o) did, and its fan-****ing -tastic.

Ah but enemies didnt level with you in Fallout 3. Or at least the enemies in an area you previously visited dont level up with you. The level of the area is set when you enter it for the 1st time, and stays at that level for the rest of the game, iirc.

I bought oblivion for the 360 thanks to my move to a horrible horrible laptop for college. Back on the proper desktop bandwagon now and staying there!

And that fallout system makes perfect sense, how I didn't cop it I'll never know! Far better idea than oblivions system, though I still prefer morrowind.

At least now I know why, after I skipped the main story for ages, there was a super mutant the size of king kong outside the radio station!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

At least now I know why, after I skipped the main story for ages, there was a super mutant the size of king kong outside the radio station!
    Oh he'll be there regardless of when you go there :p

I started playing Morrowing earlier, and i just dont know. It still feels like it used to, and thanks to some modding, still looks pretty decent. Music is fantastic, and i was really looking forward to it. Then i got in a fight, and remembered just how bad the combat was. I know it does get better once you level up a bit, but swinging at a Mudcrab 15 times and only hitting him once is just annoying.

Mudcrabs are known for their agility though. Don't mess with a mudcrab, it's got sll the power of a crab, only muddier.

• Advertisement

Funnily enough people are easier to hit and kill...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

You liek Mukipcrabs?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Kiith wrote: »
    Just a small update on that mod, the download links are now available on this page.

Advertisement