Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Fantasy XIII Box Art

Options
  • 01-12-2009 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭

Not happy with this. I know, I know... it's a silly thing to get bent out of shape over, but I'm stating a preference more than anything.

Here is the new box art for Final Fantasy XIII...

500x_ffxiii360.jpg

Europe always remained 'classy' so to speak... Just having the name of the game and a white background... Now it seems we are moving towards the American box art model... What do you guys and gals think??

This
    5089.jpg
    Versus This
    5089.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

It does look a little off alright

Still, she is holding a pretty big flick knife by the looks of things.

As most modern FF characters look like fashion school rejects I much prefer the streamline cover

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,434 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Prefer the old look as well but still it's not a bad cover. At least this time we don't get black borders, 20% slower game, 9 months waiting time and end game destroying bosses as extras.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Hmm, I prefer the classic style of the logo on a white background too. It's still nicer than the typical busy American covers though. Maybe the special edition will have the logo-only cover, like Dissidia?

43028-forside.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Hmmm, not the worse. But the classic Euro style would be nicer.

Someone did a mockup:

500x_ps3ffxiii.jpg

I only just the FF12 US boxart back in the summer. It's pretty bad looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

remember i said somewhere else before our EU cover art always look classy than US/NTSC:P definitely prefer the logo on a white background.the most recent one i bought is the FFT on psp,awesome cover too
    1194%20Final%20Fantasy%20Tactics%20The%20War%20Of%20The%20Lions.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭carbonkid

It kinda started changing from FFXII, the font logo pretty much took up the whole casing. Think this new one just looks like a tacky photoshopped fan-art piece!

12logo.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I dont think its that bad. Its got the name, got the logo and got the main character. Its whats inside that counts :P

Kiith wrote: »
    I dont think its that bad. Its got the name, got the logo and got the main character. Its whats inside that counts :P

The aesthetics of the whole thing has always been very important to final fantasy's success(whether we like to admit it or not)...thats why they have the likes of Yo****aka Amano doing illustrations.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Facebook petition time!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

carbonkid wrote: »
    Yo****aka Amano
    Who? :p

• Advertisement

lol...boards cuts out the middle 4 letters because it spells sh*t. Hes FF original character artist and always does the art around the cover font.

Below is hs work, shadow from FFVI.

Shadow.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Yo****aka Amano

I thought it was a strange way of commenting on his art style! The US cover hasn't been revealed yet, has it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

lol...boards cuts out the middle 4 letters because it spells sh*t. Hes FF original character artist and always does the art around the cover font.

yup:D Amano is still a god-like artist in some old school FF fans' heart - look at his drawings!!!

personally one of my favourite:
    Ff6_magitek.jpg

or the kickass Cecil from FF4

05.jpg

and i accidentally found Rydia:pac:
    330px-FFIV-Rydia_artwork.jpg

Rydia undergoes Nomura's treatment:
    showimagephp.jpg

oh Tetsuya Nomura ,how we all love you and hate you at the same time:D

*Amano dont do characters anymore(maybe advice and minor design) after ff6 but Square still want him for the logo for every FF after that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭PJTierney

Is it confirmed that the PAL region will be getting thje same cover style as the NA/JP regions?

I wonder if theyll do a special edition cover like the metal ones for resident evil 5 and devil may cry 4.

Have to say i did like all the extras in Dissidia's special edition ^_^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Xluna

I don't care about the box art. I just hope it's a better game than XII. I'm glad they went for a female lead. They need something to fresh up the stories. For the record I think the box art is ok. So when is this game coming out here?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

It does look rather plain but as long as the game is good thats all that really matters to me.

Advertisement