Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I cant get into my wii

Options
  • 01-12-2009 4:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭

I used to be really into video games when I was young, but now its just a passing interest, I bought a wii and 4 games 14 months ago when I had a bit of cash to spare, the games are resident evil 4, zelda twilight princess, mario galaxy, and mario kart.

I completed zelda, only play mkart as a 2 player game, played zelda for a short time and played mario galaxy even less

I would like to be able to get back into it, especially zelda but every time I try I just stop playing after half an hour, maybe I just have outgrown them

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I was the same when I got my Wii, gimmick effect wore off and I got tired of it fast. Sold it a couple of months later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Give Resident Evil 4 a go - if you don't enjoy that then you might as well just give up on games altogether

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

I can't get into your Wii either! :D

Got the Wii a year ago and, having not been impressed with a number of titles (No More Heroes, MadWorld, Metroid Prime Corruption, Kororinpa, Eledees), concluded that I generally dislike the controller and do not care for the addition of 'waggle' in games where button commands would have sufficed.

I'm interested in New Super Mario Bros Wii but to play it with friends will require a not insubstantial investment as I currently have only the one controller. Also interested in Wii Sports Resort but, again, this would require a 'motion plus' dongle and I'm not sure I'm willing to invest any more money in a system that has, so far, failed me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,465 ✭✭✭finbarrk

I suppose it's called growing up lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Sell it and buy a real console like a PS3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83,302 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Usually you need to pay a doctor to have the priveledge of getting into your wii

dr-mario.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 44 lotusflower

I think it's just something to do with the wii. i have one too but never got into playing it. Use the ds loads though. Maybe try a console like the ones you used to use years ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭KatCookie

Well, the thing about the Wii is that you can purchase and download the games online from ALL the previous Nintendo consoles SEGA, SNES N64 and so on with many titles. Making the Wii much more playable..
    At home, we have possibly the second version of Sonic and Vectorman which we were fans of as kids, we lost the Vectorman cartridge and gave the SEGA away so we couldnt play it again..
    Its a big of a rigmarole to set up a clubnintendo account, input all the codes that come with the games, probably top it up with a payment from the Credit card, convert them to a vouncher and download the games to your wii, but with the SEGA type wii mote, it feels like the old thing is back again..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Vampireskiss

I completely disagree with some posters here saying the wii is a Gimmick, the only the the ps3 and the xbox 360 has over the wii is better graphics, Metroid prime games, zelda twilight princess and RE4 stand up to anything that the ps3 has to offer, I reckon its just that ive lost interest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Resident Evil 4 Wii is kickin my azz at the minute. Also get the remake of the first one. Quite good. Also Dead Space Extraction is a decent shooter. And Silent Hill Shattered Memories looks promising! I'd say there's 17+ life in the pale lad yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

the only the the ps3 and the xbox 360 has over the wii is better graphics, Metroid prime games, zelda twilight princess and RE4 stand up to anything that the ps3 has to offer

You should, totally, argue that point, here. [Link] :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

KatCookie wrote: »
    Well, the thing about the Wii is that you can purchase and download the games online from ALL the previous Nintendo consoles SEGA, SNES N64 and so on with many titles. Making the Wii much more playable..
    At home, we have possibly the second version of Sonic and Vectorman which we were fans of as kids, we lost the Vectorman cartridge and gave the SEGA away so we couldnt play it again..
    Its a big of a rigmarole to set up a clubnintendo account, input all the codes that come with the games, probably top it up with a payment from the Credit card, convert them to a vouncher and download the games to your wii, but with the SEGA type wii mote, it feels like the old thing is back again..

gotta be honest and say it bugs the hell out of me that Nintendo charge so much for those games though.... €5-10 for games nintendo made over 20 years ago is a total rip off, especially when you look at what you can get on the Iphone for the same price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

Anyone I know who has or had a wii, got bored of it pretty quick. Although there are some good games for the system, the console is essentially one big gimmick. If you want to get back into the glory days of gaming (Sega Mega-drive/Super Nintendo/Playstation/N64), your only real option is a PS3 or a 360. Both of those consoles have 10 times more quality games than the Wii and the 360 is even cheaper than the wii

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

finbarrk wrote: »
    I suppose it's called growing up lads.

Hey, it's been a while since we had a "Wii iz 4 teh kiddies" thread.

Awesome, I've really missed these trainwrecks......

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

The Wii only works if you've people to play it with you.

Over all I'm finding I am less and less interested in games, there's little new or exciting about them but I suppose I've been playing them ever since they first emerged. But it's all just more of the same these days.

I also find games just take to much effort to play, they've become to complicated. Back when I were a nip all you needed to know where the buttons and away you go, now there's just to much crap going on. I'm sure if I was younger I might find all these game great but I just don't have the time anymore. COD MW2, ARMA2, L4D, GTA4 OPFP are just some of the games that lie around my flat unplayed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

ScumLord wrote: »
    The Wii only works if you've people to play it with you.

I disagree. While it is easily the best system for party situations, there's plenty to play if you're a loner with only a tv and a subscription to a lads mag ;)

Call of Duty Reflex is the same amazing game apart from the graphics and online gaming is free. Pro Evo 2010 is the best soccer game on any system.
    Tiger Woods 2010 is the best golf game on any system. There's a heap of excellent Time Crisis type shooters, great puzzlers (Zak and Wiki being the best) and I could go on about loads of others too.

The decline in being able to "get into" a game is probably why you have so many casual games these days; peeps just don't have as much time anymore and if you can't pick something up and have fun for 5-10 mins, you're not going to get into it in the first place, no matter how good a game is.
    This also explains why the DS has become so popular in my opinion - ten mins of gaming without having to turn on the tv, console, check batteries, get past menus etc is pretty easy with the DS :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

smokingman wrote: »
    The decline in being able to "get into" a game is probably why you have so many casual games these days; peeps just don't have as much time anymore and if you can't pick something up and have fun for 5-10 mins, you're not going to get into it in the first place, no matter how good a game is.
    Yeah, they should really be paying me to play games like ARMA2 with it's nine hour long missions. 9 hours, and I still haven't finished said mission. Great game but I avoid playing it because I know how time sapping it is.

Advertisement