Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia E71 packet data access point on O2 prepay?

• 01-12-2009 5:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭

I started using a Nokia E71 this morning. I purchased it SIM free and inserted my O2 prepay SIM card. I called O2 and asked them to send me the packet data information. I received and installed it and set it as the default but when I try to connect to the internet, the handset says that the access point is incorrect or that a packet data connection is unavailable.

In the connection settings, the access points listed are "O2 GPRS", "O2 IE Internet", "O2 MMS" and "O2 MMS Postpay". Under "packet data" in the connection settings, the access point is listed as "none" and when I select it, there's an empty text box. Does anyone know what I should enter?

I've called O2 twice but they can't find any problem.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

APN for prepay: pp.internet -or- internet
    APN for billpay: open.internet -or- internet

Advertisement