Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom / Meteor!

Options
  • 01-12-2009 5:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭

I got a letter from Eircom this morning telling me that my line rental was going up and my amount of free minutes on my package was being reduced.

It really pee'd me off because eircom chased me to switch over to them only last year. I called eircom to complain and I spoke to a lovely lady who suggested I switch to another package which will give me the same entitlement with more mobile calls at 2 Euro more. This should balance out in my more mobile calls.

Anyway as I was talking to her she mentioned a couple things which lead me to believe that all this price increase is aimed at those who ring meteor a lot.

I then got the eureka moment. All year meteor have been using the fact that you can call them free from an eircom line as a promotion. This is now going to be reduced by a serious amount. So all those parents who have been buying their kids meteor phones because you can track them from the landline at no cost. You will now have to pay the increased charges or switch your kids again.

Happy christmas.!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

not sure about what follow but didn't eircom have to change the deal for competition reasons

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Eircom had to change the plan as it was deamed anti-competitive by Comreg, its not a ripp-off to be honest

Eircom had to change the plan, they had no choice in the matter and rightly so as they could not have been allowed to continue offering it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Cabaal wrote: »
    Eircom had to change the plan as it was deamed anti-competitive by Comreg, its not a ripp-off to be honest

Eircom had to change the plan, they had no choice in the matter and rightly so as they could not have been allowed to continue offering it.

If the price got dearer its a rip off. If they had to change the plan fine. My apologies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

I was with Eircomm for a while, then switched to BT, whom offered me the following:
    3 meg wireless broadband
    UNLIMITED calls to land lines in Ireland (the whole 32 counties!) AND the UK
    All for 56euro a month.

Eircomm called at my house I'm sure at least 6 times since switching, practically begging me to come back as they had reduced their prices etc, when I asked if their calls included landlines in the UK as well as all of Ireland they said no, so I looked at him with a silly look as if to say, and WHY then would I switch? He walked off sheepishly!

THEN ............

Got a letter from BT to tell me they had formed a partnership with Vodafone:

From Jan I get the following:

7meg wireless broadband
    unlimited calls to Ireland and UK
    PLUS 200mins to Vodafone numbers

Price dropped to 46 euro a month.

Eircom go suck eggs!

Advertisement