Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DLC coming to PC finally?

• 01-12-2009 5:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/grandtheftautoivthelostanddamned/news.html?sid=6239484&om_act=convert&om_clk=newsfeatures&tag=newsfeatures;title;1

What we heard: Last month saw the launch of the second Xbox 360-exclusive expansion for Grand Theft Auto IV, The Ballad of Gay Tony. The add-on was released as both downloadable content and a likely bestselling boxed retail product, Episodes from Liberty City, which also includes the first expansion, The Lost & Damned. Now, evidence has apparently surfaced that indicates the elder expansion will soon be available to owners of the PC version of Rockstar's crime-spree sim.

Lost & Damned achievements Found & Screen-capped.
    The revelation came as part of the latest patch (v. 1.0.0.4) for the PC GTAIV, available at the Rockstar Games Web site. Besides fixing assorted graphics issues, adding anti-cheating measures, allowing controls to be double-mapped to keyboards, and combining region-specific SKUs into one, the patch apparently added a list of Games for Windows Live achievements for the Lost and Damned (pictured).

The official story: Neither Microsoft nor Rockstar responded to requests for comment.

Bogus or not bogus?: Likely not bogus. While Microsoft paid Rockstar some $50 million to keep the GTAIV expansions exclusive to the 360, both companies would obviously love to make as much money as possible. A staggered release for The Lost and Damned would let Microsoft and Rockstar glean further coin from both DLC products and a PC Episodes from Liberty City retail collection while still shutting out the PlayStation 3.

I'd say if Microsoft could make it a windows7 only game they'd gladly let rockstar release it on PC. But seeing as they do have a new OS out it may be a way of promoting games for windows live.

I hope it's true, Liberty city is so bare without the missions.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,027 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I would love to see this happen. I'm nearly finished the story and I'm really enjoying it. I know from experience though once this is done I usually just put the game away to gather dust on the shelves

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

Ya i really hope thie happens too. Fingers crossed its true :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Mark92

hopefully

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

I'm playing the DLC on the 360 at the moment and I have to say I think it is terrible. I've got about halfway through the Lost and Damned and am pretty much ready to give it up. Don't think I'll even bother booting up the Ballad of Gay Tony. I'm generally not one to give up on games, I'll usually play through to the end, but this is muck.

Advertisement