Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chameleon

• 01-12-2009 5:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Hey, I just got a new Chameleon 3 days ago and I haven't seen him drinking or eating yet, he's a Yemen/Veiled Chameleon between 10-12 months old. I thinkit may be from stress but I don't want to make it worse by trying to force it. Should I just leave it be and wait for it to get used to it's new environment?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 wh23

It is prob just getting used to its new settings.just make sure it has water and fresh food there for when its ready to eat.you could post your problem on the fourum of reptile community.com its very useful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Contact whoever you got the chameleon from

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 333 ✭✭dbrock

chamelions usually wont drink still water so give the viv a little spray and he will usually drink the droplets of water, also any rep will take a few days to get usued to its enviroment,
    maybe for the first few days use locust as the food as there easier to see in the viv, where as the crickets if they are not eating quick can hid very well,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 jupiler

tx that make sense about the locusts, I do spray the viv so hopefully its drinking that way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭monty_python

feeder insects are well know for stressing reptiles.
    remove them for a day or 2 and then offer 1 or 2 again by hand or thongs and remove if uneaten in 2 hours

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭aboutimeilogin!

you haven't mentioned the set-up details. this may be the reason.

I think the set-up should be good because my girlfriend used it for her old cameleon fine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 144 ✭✭fox65

Mod edit: Reference to another forum removed

He started eating so I think hes gonna be ok and hes started to explore aswell. Probably just the initial stress from the new environment, tx though!!

just got a heat mat how do you install it? Can you put it in the soil?

• Advertisement
Advertisement