Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to close a hotmail account?

• 01-12-2009 6:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭

can't figure out how to do so. Account has been infiltrated and advertisements/reservations etc being sent to people in my address book, need to close it, I'd appreciate assistance.
    Thanks
    A

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 289 ✭✭swirlser

Theres probably something nasty on your machine, so priority would be to download and fully virus scan your machine (AVG perhaps). After thats done, you may change your password if you wish....

As for actually closing the account, I dont know, call MS HQ and ask for Bill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭Filan

thanks,the same thing happened with hotmail before......and did close the account then,just can't figure how to do it now, Had AVG but it slowed down my system too much.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 289 ✭✭swirlser

Hmmm...

Only AV to have ever had a bad impact on my machines performance is Norton (That thing was a bigger pain than a virus o.O). Regardless of what AV I use, I generally leave it on default settings, update it weekly and run a deep scan over night once a week.

If whatever you choose is slowing down your machine, you should take the time to go thru its settings, Im sure you can identify what its doing to cause the slow downs (if it is indeed that) - maybe it was set to run daily scans for eg :s

Anyway, gl with that - do scan your machine tho, probably no harm to get another malware killer (spyboy/search&destroy). Same thing, update it once a week and run it when you go out or overnight - weekly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭monkeypants

Try this and let us know how you get on.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Simpliest solution. Log into to your account, delete all your contacts and all mails.

• Advertisement
Advertisement