Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get rent allowance??

Options
  • 01-12-2009 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

can ne1 please tell me how i can go about to get rent allwance? and how do i claim my rent back?? please some1 help!!:p

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Your local community welfare officer will tell you if you're eligible or not. What do you mean by claim back your rent though? It won't be back dated since you moved in?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

do you mean tax credits, where you get tax back? or do you mean rent relief where the social welfare pay part of your rent?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭gamer

GET form from counter at local health centre,fill it in get it signed,by landlord, landlord has to fill in 4 lines with his adress etc.Then see welfare officer at health center after 11pm.AFTER welfare person reads form,he,ll call up to you to see you in the flat.HE, LL THEN TELL you if the claim has been accepted.rent allowance pays 90percent of the rent approx .THE RENT MUST BE within the limits set 4 the area ie dublin 90euros for 1 person for a bedsit/ flat in dublin.THE FLAT MUST BE IN GOOD CONDITION WITH A FRIDGE /COOKER.acess to a bathroom/ shower.
    RE BACK RENT , all you can do is claim tax allowance for rent paid,you might get
    1 weeks back,rent allowance ,maybe.YOU are supposed to claim rent allowance within a week of moving in, or within a few weeks of going on social welfare payments.ie THERES no way of claiming rent allowance for back rent paid 2 months ago.RENT allowance payments start from the day you submit the form to the welfare officer.
    LOOK for info on hse website ,or ,or or threshold.ie.YOU have to have a renbook by law ,filled in,stating rent paid, start of tenacy,dates, payments etc.THE welfare officer will ask to see it.GET IT from easons or stationary shop,newsagent.See here http://www.oasis.irlgov.ie/ search rent allowance.
    SEE http://www.citizensinformation.ie/categories/social-welfare/social-welfare-payments/supplementary-welfare-schemes/rent_

• Registered Users Posts: 9 mollin.sox

thanks guys... iv been paying rent for the last 4 years but some1 was saying to me that i can claim tax back or something for that tax :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

mollin.sox wrote: »
    thanks guys... iv been paying rent for the last 4 years but some1 was saying to me that i can claim tax back or something for that tax :confused:

Hey. Go on the www.revenue.ie site and sign up to PAYE Anytime. They'll send you out a pin. When you log in all your tax details, employment history and tax credits are there for you to manage. It'll show what your credits are and if you are eligible for any. You can back date 5 years.

To get rent relief you need the address and PPS number of your landlord(s), the amount of rent you were paying, address of where you were renting, and the dates of your residence there. Fill it in on the site. It'll take them a few days to process it. Your next payslip should have tax credits on it. Money is paid into your bank account. I think €34 a month.

• Advertisement
Advertisement