Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best places for shopping in Belfast

Options
  • 01-12-2009 7:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭

Driving up to Belfast from Dublin on Sunday want to do loads of shopping, both food and xmas shopping for toys and clothes etc...

I have heard that the further away from the border you are the better prices you get.

Could someone gimme a quick rundown of the best places to do a great food shop i.e what shopping centres I should go to for this, and also could you give me the same info in relation to clothes shopping.

Are the shopping centres far apart in Belfast city?

Any advice you could give me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks very much

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭TheScribbler

Sorry didnt make your deadline. As a shopping city Belfast is relatively compact with most of the key shopping precincts being within walking distance of City Hall, mostly to the west of City Hall (front of it). Donegall Street, Royal Avenue, Fountain Street and Cornmarket area is where you need to be. The giant Castlecourt Shopping Centre off Royal Avenue is popular as is the new Victoria Square centre. While there is a lot of multistory and underground car parkng that is accessible, at this time of year it gets quite tough to find get into these places. I would target Castlecourt, Victoria Square, Mongomery Street multistory (and there is one adjacent to it as well), Great Northern Mall (off Great Victoria Street) and there are two large multistorys beside the Waterfront Hall/Central Station. There is also an amount of surface parking. If travelling from Dublin you might think about the merits of doing so by train. Alternatively you consider leaving your car in one of the Park & Ride centres that scattered around the city. In fact I think thee is one at the junction of the M1 at Sprucefield near Lisburn.

Portadown, Lisburn, Ballymena, Bangor and Newtownards are also popular choices, as is Newry (but it will be seriously cfowned this week).

Good luck

Advertisement