Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in Mullingar

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

still not in Ardilaun, booo( prob wont be either lol )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

Maybe moving to the Bellview off the Delvin road. I wonder how accurate the website is and if UPC is coming to the area

• Registered Users Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭coillcam

Liamario wrote: »
    Maybe moving to the Bellview off the Delvin road. I wonder how accurate the website is and if UPC is coming to the area

Just give a quick call to UPC on 1908 and they will tell you.

coillcam wrote: »
    Just give a quick call to UPC on 1908 and they will tell you.

Just TV at the moment it seems. I used to have the 30mb broadband when i lived in dublin. Would love to be able to get it back

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭mickeyboymel

The 30mb is availabe in many areas of the town, but unfortunately Bellview is not covered. I think all the rebuild is finished at this stage in town so its not likely you will see it there.

Just a point to note, check ALL the house numbers in Bellview on the online checker (I know its a bit tedious) but there was in my case here (Ballinderry Area), an admin error on the system, where the maps were not updated following the rebuild, and after months of me telling UPC that I could get it (They had ran new cables and taps so I knew it was there) they finally addmitted their mistake and updated the online database not just for me, but about 20 of my neighbours also.

If you happen to bump into Liam, who is the main UPC Engineer for the Mullingar area, he would be able to tell you once and for all too. He is in town in the UPC Branded Van most days.

It took me nearly 3 months of emails and calls to UPC, but eventually got it sorted, and have to say the 30mb is rock solid since day 1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭kaltz

Had a phone call from UPC today after I sent an email requesting some info on their broadband. I'm in Richdale Court beside the Park Hotel and its not covered at the minute. They told me today that it will be cabled in the future but couldnt say when. They will be trying to cable the whole town. Could be bull but she sounded decent enough and didnt try to flog me their Digital TV which is available here.

kaltz wrote: »
    Had a phone call from UPC today after I sent an email requesting some info on their broadband. I'm in Richdale Court beside the Park Hotel and its not covered at the minute. They told me today that it will be cabled in the future but couldnt say when. They will be trying to cable the whole town. Could be bull but she sounded decent enough and didnt try to flog me their Digital TV which is available here.

Let us all join hands in prayer....
    Our Father, who arth.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

I'm in Ardmore Hills and no joy here either. Its frustrating that Ardmore Close which is only 300 meters away have the full UPC package, then theres Petitswood Manor and Lakepoint which are close enough to both our estates and they also have the full UPC package.

Wonder how big a job it would be to get cable into these estates. Surely there were enough pipes underground to run the cable to the houses?? They are missing out on some amount of business as I would move from Vodafone and SKY in the morning and so would a lot of people I spoke to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 ezeway

I use UPC/NTL for last year and all I can say: It's superb!
    Currently on 15 Mb/s line :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

After reading this thread I will definitely be moving, going for the 15mb fibre rapid. In all honesty the company seems so much clearer and generally cheaper than eircom and sky. We'll be getting 15mb broadband, home phone and digital tv in 3 rooms for €10 more than eircom's phone and 7mb broadband obviously w/out digital tv. Seems a shame to those who live in estates without coverage to it, I thought it covered all of the town.

When I rang up I told them I checked the site for availability here in Brookfield and was told she should check it anyway as "Sometimes the site is not always correct", so if in doubt make sure you ring just to make sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭mickeyboymel

Just In case you need any convincing - peak time speed test results:

926619583.png

Wonder how big a job it would be to get cable into these estates. Surely there were enough pipes underground to run the cable to the houses?? They are missing out on some amount of business as I would move from Vodafone and SKY in the morning and so would a lot of people I spoke to.

Can't see UPC coming to our corner of Mullingar anytime soon, got the following from UPC, "When I checked on our maps it seems we would have to dig 400m of carriageway to feed approx 45 homes. Unfortunately the cost of this dig would make the provision of our service uneconomical."

May I ask where you obtained this info and may I also ask, is it ok for a grown man to cry?

May I ask where you obtained this info and may I also ask, is it ok for a grown man to cry?

From the Head of Network Build at UPC!!! Where are you located?

Hoping to move into the Bellview Heights area in a couple of weeks

DonJose, Whereabouts in Mullingar are you?

Just seen where you are. How did you get in touch with that guy. If I find out there is no chance, i think i'll go nuts.

DonJose, Whereabouts in Mullingar are you?

Just seen where you are. How did you get in touch with that guy. If I find out there is no chance, i think i'll go nuts.

I'm in Ardmore Hills, I've been in touch with UPC for several weeks, even got onto the local county council and have been in touch with a local councillor. The nearest estate to us both with UPC would be Ardmore Close, so the Ardmore Road is most likely the route they would take in expanding to our estates. I even mentioned to the UPC guy that theres huge demand in my estate and also your estate of Richdale Court, theres over 120 houses in our corner of Mullingar which don't have access to UPC. I've also emailed the county councillor again and asked him to remember this issue when UPC look for future road opening licenses :mad:

Ive given up on Ardilaun ever getting UPC BB, prob not enough houses lmfao

lmimmfn wrote: »
    Ive given up on Ardilaun ever getting UPC BB, prob not enough houses lmfao

I thought your estate could have UPC services given that Greenpark Meadows is on the UPC network, is Ardilaun cabled for UPC?

• Advertisement

Have UPC completed their broadband activities in Mullingar?

I've tried to contact UPC about getting broadband in Richdale Court beside the Park hotel and cant get a straight answer from anyone. I'm with Vodafone at the minute and their service is getting steadily worse with drops in connection all day. Thinking of moving back to eircom. Are they any better??

I apparently am capable of getting the full UPC service in the new home, but local residents understandbly don't like the thick black cables that are like a web in some area. So while a house two doors down might have it, my neighbour stopped the cable, meaning that they have stopped it for me too.

I apparently am capable of getting the full UPC service in the new home, but local residents understandbly don't like the thick black cables that are like a web in some area. So while a house two doors down might have it, my neighbour stopped the cable, meaning that they have stopped it for me too.
    cant you convince your neighbour with some $$$? i know i would if i was in the same situation

It's not an issue of money. It's just aesthetics. To be honest, I totally see his point on it.
    I'll just have to hope they upgrade my standard digital line some time soon.

It's not an issue of money. It's just aesthetics. To be honest, I totally see his point on it.
    I'll just have to hope they upgrade my standard digital line some time soon.
    ahh ok, i know what you mean.

I just rang UPC, said it will be 18months or so before Ardilaun can get UPC broadband( tbh i dont know what to make of that, i.e. saying 18 months to fob me off or 18 months as in they have an actual plan to do it, i presume its the former )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭KeithM23

Anyone know what the situation with Ardleigh Vale is?

Seems Eircom only offer 1 mb in my area so anything > would still do as it literally can only get better than this.

So, hate to bump and old thread.
    Anyone from UPC know what the status of upgrades in the mullingar area are for the foreseeable future.
    Right now UPC are having problems in areas where people don't want the thick black cables hanging over their streets.
    Are UPC planning to lay cables underground or are UPC saying tough **** to those who can't get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 JimB

Similar question to Liamario.

I'm trying to get UPC Networks to pull a cable 5 metres from the house next door to my house but I can't get any joy from UPC customer services.

The houses across the road and the house next door have UPC and the UPC website say I can get it too but UPC Customer Services are now saying I can't get it.

I know if I met UPC networks at my house the issue would be resolved in 5 mintutes. Would anyone know how to contact the UPC Local Area Manager in Mullingar?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

JimB wrote: »
    Similar question to Liamario.

I'm trying to get UPC Networks to pull a cable 5 metres from the house next door to my house but I can't get any joy from UPC customer services.

The houses across the road and the house next door have UPC and the UPC website say I can get it too but UPC Customer Services are now saying I can't get it.

I know if I met UPC networks at my house the issue would be resolved in 5 mintutes. Would anyone know how to contact the UPC Local Area Manager in Mullingar?

There's a guy on boards UPC: Jason who is an official rep, and seems to be quite helpful.

Advertisement