Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guitar Hero 5, GUITAR.

Options
  • 01-12-2009 7:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Okay well it's my birthday tomorrow, (woo) and I asked my parents for Guitar Hero 5 the bundle with the NEW guitar. My dad purchased GH5 Guitar Bundle, and low and behold today when he brought it home, Inside and on the back of the box it had the World Tour guitar. I didn't like the World Tour strum bar ( i thought it felt flimsy and less responsive ) and the GH5 Guitar has the same strum bar as the Les Paul. So apparently Europe got dumped with a re-ship of World Tour's guitar, when America got the new Fender Strat style guitar.

I was wondering if anyones seen the Red Guitar Bundle of GH5 anywhere, as GH5's bundle was sold out everywhere but Blanchardstown and I ended up with the last one from there also which very well may be returned.

I know some people will tell me to just adapt or whatever but I don't think I should have to when there is a new guitar out and we SHOULD have it.

So again i'm asking if anyone knows where I might find THAT particular bundle of it. And I cant find a bundle of that guitar with only itself and Band Hero aswell, it seems to only come with the Band in a Box or Solus , (Band hero that is) and I'd settle for that to get the guitar but I already have 2 drum kits so I don't like the idea of getting a third one because it's the GH style.

Any help's appreciated guys :3

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

The GH5 guitar is essentially the same as the world tour one from what I know (not much :D )

Top is GH:WT bottom is GH5 / Bnad hero, which did you get?
    guitar-hero-guitars-gh5-vs-world-tour.jpg

The fender strat was issued with rock band not guitar hero
    rock-band.jpg

Wouldn't surprise me if they were flogging old guitars with new game, we got the same with rock band 2 while the US got the new guitars :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Kynareth

*cough*
    Read the article you got the picture from, the GH5 guitar has the same strum bar as GH3 rather than WT. XD

Yeah I thought that about Rock Band 2 alright aswell. Grr was hoping we got it in somewhere >.<

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

The boxes I've seen for GH5 + Guitar over here pictured the GH:WT-coloured guitar on it. I could have sworn I saw the red guitar offered as a pre-order / shop-exclusive offer...

Stupid question, to which I could get my own stupid answer but my Wii is 25 miles away : What happens if you put the GH:WT neck into the LP controller? Does it even fit? (a primal reptile part of my brain says you should only swap the necks if there's no other way to defeat Gozer)

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Kynareth

I tried. xD
    They dont fit :(

I ended up getting "The Beatles Rock Band: Rickenbacker" after I found out that Europe got nearly none if any red GH5 bundles.

Advertisement