Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the most ridiculous description you have ever read?

Options
  • 01-12-2009 8:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭

Yesterday I was reading Philip Norman's biography of John Lennon when I stumbled upon this brilliant sentence:
    In commercial terms, America was like a courtesan lying back on a couch and murmuring 'Take me.'

Even reading it now I am in complete hysterics. What a completely ludicrous image to use when talking about The Beatles being successful in America. What about you? Have you any examples of overly florid prose?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Yesterday I was reading Philip Norman's biography of John Lennon when I stumbled upon this brilliant sentence:

Might be that the America took to the beatles like nothing before but yeh ,way OTT discription

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Latchy wrote: »
    Might be that the America took to the beatles like nothing before but yeh ,way OTT discription

Oh, I understand what he meant. But jesus, what a way to get the point across...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Oh, I understand what he meant. But jesus, what a way to get the point across...
    LOL ,yeh . Actually I remember reading that book when it first came out

Advertisement