Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rigid insulation for under rafters

Options
  • 01-12-2009 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,174 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for some insulating boards to fit under the rafters in my attic.
    I have kingspan boards fitted between the rafters, but it's poorly fitted and draughty.

I'm looking for ideas on a thin, breathable, rigid board which I could adhere/nail to the rafters and overlap them.
    B&Q have 25mm 'jablite' polystyrene boards, but I want a more robust finish as I want to use the area for storage.

Other than urethane backed plasterboard, does anybody have any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭ART6

10-10-20 wrote: »
    I'm looking for some insulating boards to fit under the rafters in my attic.
    I have kingspan boards fitted between the rafters, but it's poorly fitted and draughty.

I'm looking for ideas on a thin, breathable, rigid board which I could adhere/nail to the rafters and overlap them.
    B&Q have 25mm 'jablite' polystyrene boards, but I want a more robust finish as I want to use the area for storage.

Other than urethane backed plasterboard, does anybody have any ideas?

I have used 9 mm plywood for something similar. It's cheap (cheaper than plasterboard in my area at least), rigid, takes emulsion paint and is easy to fix. It also has some insulating properties.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,174 ✭✭✭10-10-20

I might look at using a layer of Jablite and then plywood ontop.
    Thanks!

Advertisement