Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Courts System

Options
  • 01-12-2009 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

I am doing some research and would like to know your opinion on the Irish courts system, views from a legal point of view and from a lay person point of view welcome. It is a subject that interest me!!! That is all!!!!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭Reloc8

Its deadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭LookBehindYou

Courts are all about technicalities and wording of the law, and NOTHING to do with right and wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭Reloc8

Massive sweeping generalisations are always wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭shaneybaby

Courts are all about technicalities and wording of the law, and NOTHING to do with right and wrong.

As the US judge Oliver Wendell Homes Jr said "this is a court of law, not of justice"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

shaneybaby wrote: »
    As the US judge Oliver Wendell Homes Jr said "this is a court of law, not of justice"
    good one, I'll have to use this myself

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dermot_sheehan

They resolve disputes.

Nothing more, nothing less.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Cróga

It's just a game where men dress up in costumes and start acting. They create their own language called legalese which they use to con other people to play their game. When one of these actors come up to you with a contract (i.e. parking ticket) you think you have to play because it says things like "you must" (which is synonymous with may), "you're obligated".. to do such an such when really that is their language. They want you to play this game so much so that they even invite (summons means invite) you to come to their party, and if you dont want to go they hire other actors to come get you and send you out a big fat cheque (warrant) because they really want you at their party. They want you to pretend you're wearing a costume (address you by the legal title/fiction MR Joe Bloggs) and when you dont play (not giving them subject matter jurisdiction) they get in a fuss. They want you playing the game so badly that they even give you benefits such as booking you into a nice warm hotel room (a cell) but only if you agree to act (they need your signature).

:)

Advertisement