Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircoms new "switching rule"?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 mcgooie

I can say that Magnet are now offering this service. We will commence submitting on Tuesday.

Perhaps thats where the confusion originates.

Rory, what details do you need to do this? Can this be done with just an address or do you need an account number of some kind as well?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭cormee

mcgooie wrote: »
    Rory, what details do you need to do this? Can this be done with just an address or do you need an account number of some kind as well?

Thanks

I just spoke to Magnet and it appears they can reconnect you if you have a suitable line, when you ring they will do a line check based upon your address. Unfortunately my line isn't suitable so it looks like I'm stuck with f%*^*'n Eircom.

They (Magnet) also have a special offer in my area at the moment of a 24mb line for the same price as a 10mb line, and unlimited downloads. :(

Magnet's number is 1800 81 99 99

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 lawrenceSummer

cormee wrote: »
    I just spoke to Magnet and it appears they can reconnect you if you have a suitable line, when you ring they will do a line check based upon your address. Unfortunately my line isn't suitable so it looks like I'm stuck with f%*^*'n Eircom.

They (Magnet) also have a special offer in my area at the moment of a 24mb line for the same price as a 10mb line, and unlimited downloads. :(

Magnet's number is 1800 81 99 99

what area do you live in, eircom is never always your only option

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Still unsuitable lines in Dublin?? Nice one eircom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Still unsuitable lines in Dublin?? Nice one eircom.

The line is unsuitable for Magnet - perhaps Magnet aren't on that user's exchange? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

After 7 months, it's unlikely to still matter.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I'm sure if the OP needs more help they can post a new thread

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement