Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buses near The Metropolitan Apts, Kilmainham?

Options
  • 01-12-2009 9:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

Hey all,

Am moving to The Metropolitan apartments in Kilmainham this weekend.
    Been trying to get some info on dublinbus.ie but from what I can make out buses don't seem that frequent?

Is anyone familiar with the buses around that area. Are they frequent for going into town in mornings / home in evenings? Would it be better to walk down towards the Hilton hotel to get buses or back towards Inchicore?

Any info appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,429 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Is the Metropolitan next to the old gaol?

The routes seem to be a bit fragmented.

19 - is predictable as the terminus is at Bulfin Road. http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/19/ combined with the 123 it provides a good frequency at the junction South Circular Road and Suir Road. I'm not certain where the bus stop is - possibly opposite the Hybreasal Apartments.

51/b/c, (all poor frequency) 78a (good frequency) go by right outside on Emmet Road,

51d, 66x, 67x, 68, 69, 78, 79/a use Con Colbert Road / Inchicore Road, which might be your best bet for heading to the city centre, but it means crossing the dual carriageway.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭kwat

Metropolitan Apts are on the Inchicore Road, just at the junction of Memorial Road.
    So it would probably be best to walk back towards the South Circular Rd in the mornings for regular buses into town?

Thanks

Victor wrote: »
    Is the Metropolitan next to the old gaol?

19 - is predictable as the terminus is at Bulfin Road. http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/19/ combined with the 123 it provides a good frequency at the junction South Circular Road and Suir Road. I'm not certain where the bus stop is - possibly opposite the Hybreasal Apartments.

51, 51b/c, 78a go by right outside on Emmet Road, but don't have a great frequency.

51d, 66x, 67x, 68, 69, 78, 79/a use Con Colbert Road / Inchicore Road, which might be your best bet for heading to the city centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,429 ✭✭✭✭Victor

It seems, only the 79 (not 79a) uses Sarsfield Road. Only the 69 & 69 use Grattan Crescent, but a different stop to the 79, so that's not great. So I think the stop on the dual carriageway is best.

See http://www.mkmap.com/dublin but not all routes are 100% correct.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭BendiBus

Victor wrote: »
    51d, 66x, 67x, 68, 69, 78, 79/a use Con Colbert Road / Inchicore Road, which might be your best bet for heading to the city centre, but it means crossing the dual carriageway.

I'd be inclined to head out onto the Con Colbert. Buses through Old Kilmainham in the morning (78A's & 51's) can be horribly slow.

Bus lane almost all the way to O'Connell Bridge from the Con Colbert. 79/A is my bus and highly reliable. Plus all the X's coming in from the Lucan direction.

Thanks for the tips!
    The Xpressos might be the best option so I think. Although on Dublin bus's google maps bus stop map it doesn't show any stops from Palmerstown until Heuston. I'm hoping they stop on the Con Colbert Road!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

Your realistic options are:
    68, 69, 78, 79 and 79A from Con Colbert Road.
    (Note that the Xpressos (25X, 51D, 66X, 67X) do not stop here).

51, 51b, 51c or 78A from Emmet Road.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Trained Monkey

I have moved into the metropolitan apartments recently but have seen ads for other metro apps saying there is a free gym on site. Does anybody know if this is true because we were told nothing about it before moving in or since? Would be very handy!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 minihorse

I have just moved in to Metropolitan apts and have also been looking for the gym. Did you ever find it?

minihorse wrote: »
    I have just moved in to Metropolitan apts and have also been looking for the gym. Did you ever find it?

Hi - I'd call it more an exercise room than a gym really! One treadmill, a bike, and a weights machine. It's basic, but handy.
    It's located in Block A, on ground level I think. I had to get a key from the management company for Block A, as I lived in Block C.

Hope this is of some help.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 minihorse

Thanks! Will get onto management for a key, all im looking for is a treadmill because I dont know area well enough yet to go running in the dark!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭robodonkey

There's a cracking run along the river in the war memorial park, up to chapelizod and back is ~ 5kish.
    The exercise room isn't too bad, pheonix park/memorial park on your doorstep would be far far nicer though :)
    Evenings have talen a stretch now too so you probably have a window after work before it gets dark....

• Registered Users Posts: 32,864 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I am looking at an apartment here....any opinions on them? quiet? safe enough?

Advertisement