Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

cheapest place to buy nikon lenses?

• 01-12-2009 9:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭

i want to buy a friend a nikon 50 1.8 lens for his birthday & i know conns have it in stock for 150, is there anywhere in dublin i can get it cheaper?
    i don't really want to order online because it may not arrive on time so thats ruled out. also don't want to buy a used lens.
    i'm a canon girl and order my gear online so don't know much about nikon stockists!
    thank you (:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Do you know what camera model he has? Because some Nikons require a lens to have a built-in motor for AF (Nikon D40, D60 etc). So you'd be looking for the more expensive AF-S models.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Slidinginfinity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭jjoconnor

i want to buy a friend a nikon 50 1.8 lens for his birthday & i know conns have it in stock for 150, is there anywhere in dublin i can get it cheaper?
    i don't really want to order online because it may not arrive on time so thats ruled out. also don't want to buy a used lens.
    i'm a canon girl and order my gear online so don't know much about nikon stockists!
    thank you (:

John Gunn is always cheaper than anyone else - I buy everything there. Last thing I got was €45 instead of €75 at the other places I phoned - amazing. I also feel so much better giving the lovely Gunn family money!

They're on Camden Street

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭jjoconnor

i want to buy a friend a nikon 50 1.8 lens for his birthday

by the way, great present!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Kbeg3

I got myself one last Christmas in Conns for €114

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Barname

if it was true love you would get him the 1.4 :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

I also got my 50mm 1.8 at Gunns. Good price & great service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭mehfesto2

I've been ringing around for a new camera, battery-grip and lens the last two weeks and Gunns has been consistently the cheapest. There's about e400 between the price of the camera there and in the Grafton Street shop. Lens' are nicely priced there too.

Give them a ring at (01) 478 1226.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

I'd also say go to Gunns.

Advertisement