Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Apple 20'' - Xbox 360 via VGA cable.

• 01-12-2009 9:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I was just wondering is it possible for me to connect a 20'' apple screen up to my xbox 360 elite?. I have the VGA HD cables for my Xbox so will have to find some way to plug it into the screen as there is no VGA on the screen itself. Anyone know what I need or know how I can do it?

Now I have it connected to my 19'' Samsung but my PS3 is also connected to it so I just want a screen for each console. All help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    John

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

which model of Apple display is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭gamer

IF IT has dvi in get vga to dvi connector ,maplins,, if it has hdmi get 360 hdmi cable.SET video,output,av out,settings to 720p hd ,from the dashbord.WHAT
    connectors has it got 4video in.all games will run fine in 720p anyway.Does it have hd component in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

It probably came with a VGA adapter?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

It's the cinema display model. About a year or 2 old, I think it came with the connector but can not find it anywhere. Any place online where I could get the cable for cheap? I found several DVD to VGA cables and connectors but none that I need :(..

Does not have HDMI in back or component, all it has is a sh1tloada cables coming out of it (Which imo are un-nessecerry) Has 2 usb cables for it and the power plug and then also the DVI cable is hanging out of it.

Heres a picture I got online of the end of the cable I have with the Apple Screen:
    elebility1249867816_10001908_12_image.jpg

look like you gonna need this and this

• Advertisement

docentore wrote: »
    look like you gonna need this and this

Cheers man, you sure that that would work? Do I need that second 1? I have like 4 DVI cables and loads of VGA cables for monitors etc, if that would be the less expensive way lol..

you have to look at what do you have. If monitor cable ends with dvi male plug (as in the picture) and xbox vga cable ends with vga male plug you need to connect it either with cable or adapter which has female plugs on both ends (dvi and vga). If you can do it with cable that you have - then you're sorted. The links which I gave you are just first what came up on ebay, you might find something local/closer.

docentore wrote: »
    you have to look at what do you have. If monitor cable ends with dvi male plug (as in the picture) and xbox vga cable ends with vga male plug you need to connect it either with cable or adapter which has female plugs on both ends (dvi and vga). If you can do it with cable that you have - then you're sorted. The links which I gave you are just first what came up on ebay, you might find something local/closer.

Yeah ok thanks for that, will have a look later and if not probably order the cables this week some time. Cheap enough anyways so should do the job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 ricjoe

I got my vga cable connected to my xbox 20gig 3days ago and plugged it in to my hd monitor 22inch ,the picture is fantastic.
    MY dashboard is set to 720p ,i have,nt needed to change any setting on the monitor at all,the picture fills the screen ,no black edges.
    YOU may need to change the screen ratio,depends on the shape of the monitor.I ,M USING 2 rca to 3.5mm for sound ,going to a female to female 3.5mm convertor into a small stereo amp.Change it to 720p as soon as possible ,thru dashboard display,settings.I think that connector is avaidable in maplins,or pc world,if you are near one of those shops.

Advertisement