Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DiRT 2 Official Demo released!

Options
  • 01-12-2009 9:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭

dirt2.jpg

Didn't see this posted
    Nice to get a demo, its directX 11 for anyone who got a 58xx gpu, first directX 11 game

Linky, nice fast mirror

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

So whats it like? Wouldnt mind getting a decent driving game for the pc, although i wasnt the biggest fan of the 1st one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Kiith wrote: »
    So whats it like? Wouldnt mind getting a decent driving game for the pc, although i wasnt the biggest fan of the 1st one.

Played the demo on the PS3... it's just more of the same, if you didn't like the first you aren't going to like this. Menu system did my head in also.

DX9 vs DX11 comparison

http://www.pcgameshardware.com/aid,699998/Dirt-2-DirectX-9-vs-DirectX-11-graphics-compared-Update-New-comparisons/Practice/

Video at the end shows some of the differences. The water effects look nice. Although I don't see why DX11 was needed for them, they have the same effects in Gears of War 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Kiith wrote: »

GRID is great imo and can be bought for half nothing now. Made by the same folks as Dirt but it's track racing as opposed to off-road stuff, and seeing as Codemasters have been doing track since the late 90s the physics, car handling and response are much more balanced imo and it's more fun (anyone remember Toca Touring Car Championship? best racer prior to GT and imo much more fun than the GT series ever was).

Downloaded the Demo and was disappointed. DIRT to me is just them taking a great racing engine and reducing the friction so it becomes 'slippy.' I really wish Codemasters stuck to track racers, pity they seem so afraid to try and compete with GT (although I'm sure Sony has something to do with that).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭SickBoy

GRID is great imo and can be bought for half nothing now. Made by the same folks as Dirt but it's track racing as opposed to off-road stuff, and seeing as Codemasters have been doing track since the late 90s the physics, car handling and response are much more balanced imo and it's more fun (anyone remember Toca Touring Car Championship? best racer prior to GT and imo much more fun than the GT series ever was).

GRID is class alright, started playing it again the other day now that I have xbox 360 controller for PC...
    DIRT 2 seems to have the same replay system that GRID had for when you crash. Never played the first DIRT so not sure if that was present there.

Advertisement