Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best smart phone

• 01-12-2009 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭

Hey everyone im thinking of buying my first smart phone any suggestions? ive been looking at different HTC's etc, also what is so great about the iphone 3gs?
    Im also thinking of buying from a site like expansys were the phones are all unlocked is this a smart thing to do or will functions be limited etc when i put in my meteor pay2go sim

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

wouldn't be better and cheaper to buy HTC hero from meteor? they are unloacked anyway and cheaper than expansys.ie

As for which one it depends what do you want from a phone. iPhone is closed platform, only changes (updates) can be obtained from Apple.
    HTC Hero is Android OS based system, which is open source. It is open to community to mod, change etc.

Myself I was user of Windows Mobile user for long time, and now decided to go with Android. I'm picking up mine this week

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

cool so will there be much content from the community? i read on some site that buying a phone from say metoer or any network can limit the features of the phone compared to buying factory unlocked is this true at all? ya had a ipod didnt really see the appeal its too much bother trying to work it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭billbond4

You could also get a symbian v5 smart phone, like the SE Satio which should be out on Metoer v soon.
    Im using that now, and there are loads of applications on it and for me the camera is very good on it too

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

sorry im a bit of a noob when it comes to smart phones is symbian v5 a nokia os or something, i was also looking at the nokia N900 anyone know if its any good?

Advertisement