Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Legend in the making?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

nice way to spend christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 39,546 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

meh, he's no Phil Babb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭El Stuntman

If HJ did this, he would have to buy a lego island in Dubai

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭fatguy

Athene is definitely a legend. Who would have thought there was a Belgian with a sense of humour? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

The dude is a total legend already.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

What's his SN?? Chiren??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭BobSloane

Chiren80

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭cokedrinker

lol he is going to look like death in no time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭wannabecraig

Chicagojoey will hammer that record in Jan...

Who is the Chicagojoey dude? Seems like a right pr1ck.

I haven't read through the full thread, but how much does Athene/Chiren stand have riding on this? He's averaging about 2.5K hands per hour atm, so it looks like he'll have to play for 13 hours a day for the entire month, pretty savage but there is no way I'd bet against him doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

He has $0 on it. Not a prop bet, just a challenge.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Corcaigh84

I just checked the stream, he was replacing a hard drive in his PC, lol

how much will he make in vpps for playing 1m hands?

how much will he make in vpps for playing 1m hands?

From what I can make out, he'll earn about 400k FPPs meaning he'll get about $10k in cash. MickG might be able to correct me though

lol

lol

Actually I think I ****ed up the calculation...1M hands of $50nl seems to net 650k points...which would get him over $20k and close enough to the 800k points bonus which is a further $8k

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

Is this guy such a sicko that he's actually expected to make this? I hear he's somesort of WoW legend?? Is levelling a WoW char in record time the equivalent to this or is this a level above that.

From reading bits of the 2+2 thread and his video on this. He expects to 24 table for 16 hours a day for the month, is that the kind of madness he did in WoW?

Also, why the fcuk didn't he bet on it. Think of the action 2+2 would have gven him. Although remaining breakeven for the month will be savagely difficult I assume

Its all a bit strange... he seems to have videos about 'net neutrality' on youtube and his GF seems to be some sort of model or something...and in a lot of the videos it seems doubtful that they're even together :confused:

• Advertisement

Ste05 wrote: »
    Also, why the fcuk didn't he bet on it.

hasn't got the sickness yet

Is this guy such a sicko that he's actually expected to make this? I hear he's somesort of WoW legend?? Is levelling a WoW char in record time the equivalent to this or is this a level above that.

From reading bits of the 2+2 thread and his video on this. He expects to 24 table for 16 hours a day for the month, is that the kind of madness he did in WoW?

Also, why the fcuk didn't he bet on it. Think of the action 2+2 would have gven him. Although remaining breakeven for the month will be savagely difficult I assume

The thread on 2+2 has offers of up to 1mil action...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭General Zod

Athene does internet stunts. Either crazy challenges or magnificent trolling stunts.

He got his GF to offer a BJ for everyone who voted in a Net Neutrality referendum.

If athene says he's going to try and play 1 million hands of nl poker, he's going to do it or get very very close.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭General Zod

BTW he's not interested in doing things like this for money, hence why he won't bet on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭wannabecraig

Wreck wrote: »
    Who is the Chicagojoey dude? Seems like a right pr1ck.

I haven't read through the full thread, but how much does Athene/Chiren stand have riding on this? He's averaging about 2.5K hands per hour atm, so it looks like he'll have to play for 13 hours a day for the entire month, pretty savage but there is no way I'd bet against him doing it.

So you don't know who CJ is but you think he's a pr1ck? Seems legit, well done.

He started doing these prop bets ages ago and makes serious money from them, the new guy is just an attention whore....

Check out CJ's latest one:
    http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/54/poker-beats-brags-variance/official-50k-hands-24-hours-profit-world-record-prop-bet-progress-rules-thread-645695/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭fatguy

Levelling a character in record time isn't particularly interesting, it was getting the PvP points, titles and rankings he did that caught so much attention. Basically, to do this you have to play more than any of the other (10,000+) players on your server, while maintaining a significant winrate.

It's not as bad as it used to be, but at one stage the only way to consistently top the rankings was to have you and some friends play the character in rotating shifts. Nowadays you still have to play a lot, but it's more important to maintain a very high winrate than anything else.

I'd say he's well capable of making this challenge. He's done the sums, he knows his winrates, he knows how many hours a day he can put in and the kind of concentration levels he can maintain. The webcam is a nice touch, though. Dispells any ideas of account sharing.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭72over

Google his GF...Tania Derveaux...savage:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Michael D

72over wrote: »
    Google his GF...Tania Derveaux...savage:p

she's on the stream now chatting to everyone, hot alrite

Right, from skimming through the 2P2 thread I've made out that even with the hardwear and hacker problems Athene/Chiren was on track to achieve this up until yesterday, had been putting in enough hands and was a couple of buy-ins down. He also broke the record for most hands played in 24 hours. Then he flew to the Isle of Man to hand in an application to Stars for some poker pro thing they are doing. Seems totally bizarre, don't know if he is going to continue with the attempt when he returns, or even if it's possible now.

• Advertisement

cliff notes on hacker problems?

Advertisement