Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

youtube

• 01-12-2009 10:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

hi it takes ages to play videos on youtube it plays a bit stops and plays and stops ect i have dsl eircom standard package broadband what is the problem it never happens on my friends laptop

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭johnc24

blueoval

are you using any torrent / p2p software on your PC, that generally slows down the "buffering ability".

go to speedtest and do and broadband speed test and let us know the results please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

It's probably your download speed.
    Try www.speedtest.net on your and your friends computers to see if they have the same speed.
    And if you have other things connecting to the net at the same time it'll slow down too as they all have to share your broadband.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 blueoval

did test i selected limerick as kerry was not marked on the map the results are download is 0.14mb/s upload 0.09mb/s ping 285ms how bad/good is this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,253 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

pretty bad even for basic dsl. workaround is pause the video til it downloads fully then play it. does your friends laptop have the same problem at your house?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Moved from Laptops.

• Advertisement

not even pretty bad, that is "illegal", well not in the true sense of the word, but do you know what package you are on with eircom?

eg 1mb, 2mb or 3mb line.

I am afraid to say that is just pathetic, I get the following

639538225.png

and I am paying €56 a month for that, which might be overkill for yourself if you only browse the web lightly, I think you should go for a 3mb line minimum in order for your web browsing to be at least consistent.

check other providers, or call eircom and explicity state the product is not being provided and cancellation will be immediate unless action is taken within a sufficient time frame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 blueoval

im on the 1mb package think its €25pm should i complain about my speed should i be getting more speed for what im paying

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

blueoval wrote: »
    im on the 1mb package think its €25pm should i complain about my speed should i be getting more speed for what im paying
    Yes you should be getting more. Call them up and complain about it.

should i complain about my speed should i be getting more speed for what im paying

absolutely, however take tests throughout the day, morning, noon and evening and use the upcoming weekend to record speeds also.

But absolutely call them up and tell them the speeds you are getting, its ludicrous paying 25 a month for that speed. You cannot do anything with it ,like online gaming, chat over skype etc!

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭_ZeeK_

i'm on eircom 2mb and i got this
    639607853.png

you should be getting roughly half that if you're on 1MB.

is it like that generally? if not your local distribution might be temporarily down/overloaded..
    otherwise, i'd be on the phone and complaining!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I'm on Eircom 3MB
    639880532.png

Advertisement