Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick Question re: Deposit and Contract

Options
  • 01-12-2009 10:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭

Hi there guys. My contract was up today and myself and my fianceé are thinking of moving apartment we've been in ours for 3 years to the day now and have a chance to move to a bigger place for less, We haven't recieved a new contract we usually have to ring them up to get it. But since the contract has expired and a new one has notnbeen signed do we need to give 30 days notice or can we claim our deposit back now?

Cheers

Allan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,385 ✭✭✭✭Victor

You need to be out by midnight on the day it expires! :) Otherwise it becomes a Part 4 tenancy and you need to give notice depending on how long you have been there. Probably about 40 days in your case.

Talk to the landlord and consider you options. Certainly ask for a substantial rent reduction.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

Thanks rang the Tenancy company and they said to ring the landlord and she was out of office so will try again tomorrow, i dont mind paying rent for a few extra days if they'll allow, Just need the deposit to put it on the other place,

Advertisement