Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap drinks on Friday night

Options
  • 01-12-2009 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,195 ✭✭✭✭

A few of us heading out on Friday but everyone is looking for somewhere cheap. We'ree used to cheap drinks during the week because we're all students.

Anyone any suggestions?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Karma in fishamble st is yer only man..3 euro bottles and shorts all day every day..its open late too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭Rebelheart

Degsy wrote: »
    Karma in fishamble st is yer only man..3 euro bottles and shorts all day every day..its open late too.

Beat me to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,195 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Whats a Fishamble St?

Cheers for that lads, must check it out.

Is it a nightclub type place? Or just a pub.... type place?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭Rebelheart

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Whats a Fishamble St?

Cheers for that lads, must check it out.

Is it a nightclub type place? Or just a pub.... type place?

Karma (http://www.dublintourist.com/images/premises/13527/1.jpg) is a pub in the George Frederick Handel hotel (http://www.handelshoteltemplebar.com/), a few doors up from where the first performance ever of Handel's Messiah was in April 1742. Fishamble Street is the old medieval street of Dublin where the fish sellers used to sell their wares; you can still see the curves in the street which facilitated their stalls.

As you are walking down Dame Street from TCD, Fishamble Street is at the very end to the right. It goes along the side of Christchurch Cathedral down towards the Liffey. The Karma pub is down the street about 7 or 8 doors on the right hand side (on the left is the grounds of Christchurch).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Harbourmaster in IFSC is E3 for pints etc on Friday nights, think Pravda on Liffey Street is too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

jdivision wrote: »
    Harbourmaster in IFSC is E3 for pints etc on Friday nights, think Pravda on Liffey Street is too.

Pravda is €4 pints. Very empty these days, was in there on Saturday and it wasn't half as busy as it used to be.

Cheers Gav, I presumed that the northside Thomas Reads pubs were all E3 and it was E4 in all the southside ones. Mad that it's only in the Harbourmaster that it's E3. I won't complain though, handy for after work on a Friday

Ron Blacks on Dawson st is 4 euro for all pints and shorts all the time and its open late too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

2 for 1 drinks in the Vaults all night. Its about €5.20 for 2 pints of heineken

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

Ron Blacks on Dawson st is 4 euro for all pints and shorts all the time and its open late too.

seriously? I thought that was a Cafe En Seine type swanky joint no? Soutsiders don't need cut-price drinks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭actuallylike

Anywhere that does pitchers of beer, you can get for a tenner, works out to €3.33 a pint, if you have three people it's perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

Mash @ basebar on a friday is a studenty type night, so its cheap drink promos all night, cant remember exactly what the prices are though!

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    seriously? I thought that was a Cafe En Seine type swanky joint no? Soutsiders don't need cut-price drinks!

Nope..its as cheap as chips

Anywhere that does pitchers of beer, you can get for a tenner, works out to €3.33 a pint, if you have three people it's perfect.

Whats this now? Where can ya get pitchers of beer?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭actuallylike

Whats this now? Where can ya get pitchers of beer?
    Pygmallion do pitchers of Bavaria for a tenner, I think Bernard Shaw do pitchers also?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭Danye

A few of us heading out on Friday but everyone is looking for somewhere cheap. We'ree used to cheap drinks during the week because we're all students.

Anyone any suggestions?

The plaza up in tallaght, 3 euro a drink on a friday and only 5 euro in.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Love that place!!! I go there at least once a wk!:D
    BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    Not really, depends on what night of the week... It's pretty normal in there; definitely not a pub but not a bad spot

jaysus; i must really like the place:D

MIN2511 wrote: »
    Love that place!!! I go there at least once a wk!:D

So what kinda spot is this? Pub? Club? Both?

So what kinda spot is this? Pub? Club? Both?
    Not a pub; it's a bar and there's a dance floor upstairs... The music is alright, a bit of everything. Not too loud to make conversation.
    There are a few screens as well, so if there was a game on, you could watch it as well.

MIN2511 wrote: »
    Not a pub; it's a bar and there's a dance floor upstairs... The music is alright, a bit of everything. Not too loud to make conversation.
    There are a few screens as well, so if there was a game on, you could watch it as well.

Cool, might give it a look

• Advertisement

It's part of the Thomas Read group, hence the E4 pints i pointed out on the other page. I don't like it though, was in there last saturday and it was just blah. It's made up of Pravda, Harbourmaster, Ron Blacks, Thomas Reads, the Dawson Lounge (which was originally Ron Blacks and is the smallest pub in Dublin), The Bailey, Searsons and Lincolns Inn

Last Saturday? That was after the Rugby game; everywhere was packed! I was there that night, it wasn't the same...
    But I might be heading there this friday...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Pygmallion do pitchers of Bavaria for a tenner, I think Bernard Shaw do pitchers also?

Bernard Shaw do, but it's only one drink. Can't for the love of me remember the name of it, but well it's nasty.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

Buckfast

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Phantastic Fox

The living room do pitchers of beer too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Walsh

Barcode in Fairview\Clontarf, 3.50 a Drink all night, It's a nightclub but isn't the busiest on Fridays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭Spaco

Sub Lounge (O'Reilly's under Tara St Station) are 3.50 for all pints and 5er for all cocktails.
    The LongStone (a personal fav) has all pitchers of any beer / stout / cider for 12 quid, 10 quid for a Staropreman (great czech beer) or Murray's home brew for 9 quid. All pitchers are 3.5 pints, according to staff and the place is great.
    Fact

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Zatman

They do pitchers of Buckfast in Bernard Shaw if thats your thing

Woolshed and Living Room have better selection of pitchers but not great nightlife

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭GlasnevinRed

Quinn's in Drumcondra.

Pitchers of Bavaria/Fosters/Cashels for €10.:D

• Advertisement

Harbourmaster has put pints up to E4

Advertisement