Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oil fired boiler flu stack

Options
  • 01-12-2009 10:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭

Ive moved my boiler from a makeshift boilerhouse into my new shed. I will need to bring the stainless flue out through the wall but the old stack just doesnt fit the bill. I was in B&Q tonight and saw some flexi alu pipe about 1 metre long. It was described as being for a kitchen ventilation system but I thought it seemed sound enough for what I need. Anyone ever use this, is there other flexi options?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭JamesM

I presume that you are burning kerosene. You should really use the proper stainless fittings and vent through the wall. Rain water will get into flexiflue if it is just stuck out through the wall. You will get a lot of corrosion in the boiler.
    Jim.

Advertisement