Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rights Commissioners Decision

Options
  • 01-12-2009 10:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi All,
    Just a quick question regarding timeframe in which a Rights Commissioner usually makes his/her decision once a case has been heard.. My case was heard in early November, and we won't hear back from them until January...Case was heard within 45mins.. they heard both sides and questioned my employer .. let me state my case and that was it.. they thanked both parties and said... "you won't hear from me till January"..

I realise they are probably very busy and I know each case is different but is this normal waiting period? I'm worried that this is a bad sign?...Just seem's a very long wait for a decision?

Thanks for reading.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Myself and some colleagues took our employer to the rights commissioner, and we received a judgement within I think 2-3 weeks of the hearing. You'll hear by letter.

Of course, they're probably much busier these days!

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

hi,
    thanks for that, hope decision went in your favour. Ya it could be just that they are busier... well i hope that's the only reason... haven't much longer to wait at this stage anyway.

I used a solicitor, so i persume they will be notified first.

thanks for your reply
    Merry Christmas!

Advertisement